The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Handguns: The Semi-automatic Forum

Old February 21, 2012, 12:17 AM   #1
mo84

got a new LCP today

I finally got my Ruger LCP and I have the say, this gun is awesome. It lives up to all the reviews I have been reading lately. I ran 200 rounds through it today with no problems at all. Now I just have to wait on the gun board so I can start carrying it. It seems pretty easy to strip down and clean also which is a plus. the targets are the bad guy then u flip them up and see the vitals. I thought that was cool.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg my new gun.jpg (194.2 KB, 122 views)
File Type: jpg dad target.jpg (232.1 KB, 102 views)
Old February 21, 2012, 12:20 AM   #2
SHNOMIDO

Nice pistol,

Nice Faygo!
Old February 21, 2012, 12:23 AM   #3
Mosin44az

You should be happy with the reliability. Mine has gone over 1700 rounds, with only a handful of malfs, most early on. Should be easy to find loads that work perfectly.

The trigger will smooth over time.

The lack of sights doesn't matter much. Just point the slide 7 yards in.

Recoil has always bothered me a bit. I found the mag baseplate extenders from Ruger or Pearce Grip to help with that, and with holding on to the pistol.

Pachmayr Tactical Grip Glove slip on also cushions a bit.

I put in a 13 pound recoil spring from Wolff and it has appeared to cut recoil even more, but now the LCP won't work perfectly with all former loads it used to run with no issues. Still works with the Aguila JHP I carry at least.
Old February 21, 2012, 12:32 AM   #4
mo84

thanks, the Faygo was good lol. I have the Ruger grip extenders on my mags now and they seem to help alot. The recoil really dont bother me much and seems pretty controlable. We were rapid firing it a bit today and you can almost just point and shoot and get most the shots where they need to be. We were also shooting a 44 deasert eagle so maybe that made the recoil feel lite on the 380. I finally have a pistol that is affordable to shoot unlike my 500 mag (1st handgun I bought before this one) so I should be able to put plenty out rounds through it.
Old February 21, 2012, 12:49 AM   #5
KenLondregan

How much did you pay for it? Buds guns has the .380 for $300, $344 with the laser. Did you find it cheaper than that? I was thinking about getting one once my 30 days were up from my last handgun purchase.
Old February 21, 2012, 04:06 PM   #6
mo84

I paid 318 total from a friend I have that has a FFL. It was the cheapest I could find around me and I would rather hand my money over to a friend anyhow the one that came in was the coyote special when they ordered the regular one so that was an added bonus I guess. I don't like the lazer on guns, it seems wobbly from what I can see from other guys at the range. My wife is real recoil sensitive, so I am going to take her shooting today with it and see how she likes it.
Old February 21, 2012, 07:14 PM   #7
Sorrowful Jones

Holey moley....your standing there in your house with your finger on the trigger...geeeze...
Old February 21, 2012, 07:23 PM   #8
hoytinak

Quote:
Holey moley....your standing there in your house with your finger on the trigger...geeeze...
I was just able to post on here "I'm surprised no one has said anything about your finger on the trigger".

I really like the LCP, I've owned several pocket sized carry guns it's my first pick.
Old February 21, 2012, 07:47 PM   #9
Sorrowful Jones

I like the LCP too (I have 2 of them) but the trigger is a bit long and heavy. I noticed many of his shots are to the right of center mass. He may be pulling it a bit due to the heavy trigger since he ......ahem....appears to be right handed.
Old February 22, 2012, 07:18 AM   #10
mo84

why wouldn't I have my finger on the triger, there was a bad guy right next to me lol that and it was unloaded and I never spontainisly pull my fingers for no apearent reason. I did tend to shoot to the right the first time I had it out. I took it out yesturday and found I had to squeeze the grip alot harder to get straight shots. I can get it to shoot straight for most of my shots now. This gun seems to group pretty good when you have a good grip on it. The grip extender that came with the mag helps alot also. My wife shot it yesturday too and after she got used to how it shoots and learned how to pull the triger right, she seemed to like it; put about a box through it which surprised me. As for the long triger pull. I pull it most of the way and hold it, then when I am ready to fire, I pull it the last little bit. That seems to help alot; kinda makes it like a regular triger. I did a few mags of rapid fire and it was plenty controlable to me. I REALLY like this gun alot
Old February 22, 2012, 10:10 AM   #11
Erikbal

I do the same thing with the trigger on my BG 380. I pull it back (after aiming) most of the way then just click it back that little bit and shoot it. Nice gun you got, I like the LCPs too. If I hadn't gotten my BG I probably would have gotten one of those. I just think $349.99 for a gun with a built in laser made by a good company is a pretty good price for me. Congrats and enjoy!
Old February 22, 2012, 04:54 PM   #12
ccbricker

Congratulations!
Old February 22, 2012, 11:17 PM   #13
stmcelroy

Congrats, great pocket pistol.
Old February 23, 2012, 10:00 PM   #14
michpatriot

I think you'll really like it

Ive had my LCP for about a year now and it has not hiccuped even once. Gold dots are the round I carry it with and they shoot great. Which gun board are ya waitin on? I live in wayne county and it took 3months+, so I understand the waitin. Just get out to the range a lot and get comfortable with your new LCP and shoot it a bunch. Thats really great that she shot a whole box
Old February 24, 2012, 06:53 PM   #15
Kreyzhorse

Congrats. The LCP is a great little gun.