The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Firing Line Gun Show > Retail Deals and Feedback

Notices

Old December 5, 2014, 08:01 PM   #1
Bazata

AR-15kits.com SCAM

It seems like there are about a million companies selling "80%" AR receivers and 1911 frames. I have dealt with a few different ones that are really on top of their game like
http://www.tacticalmachining.com
http://www.Ktordnance.com

Recently I came to realize that for every legitimate company manufacturing and selling receivers and jigs there are ones like http://www.ar15-kits.com who buy up stock from other manufacturers at a bulk price and resell them at the exact price of the legitimate manufacturers for a profit. Normally I wouldn't have any objection to this but as anyone who pays attention to this market knows there are droughts where it seems like everyone is sold out. As I write this tactical machining has been sold out of 80% 1911 frames for a month and a half according to their website. So I decided to go with ar15-kits.com's version since it was in stock and ready to ship...big mistake! I placed my order on 11/01/14 and was billed on 11/18/14 I emailed to see what the status was and was answered immediately being told that there was a minor delay at the manufacturer and that my order would ship either that week or early the next week. First of clearly not in stock and ready to ship but I gave them the benefit of the doubt which was my second mistake. On 12/01/14 I emailed again and got no response on 12/03/14 I read a post in another forum discussing how a person had the same experience and received no return emails or calls for weeks on end. I emailed a copy of the link to that page along with my request for a refund to Terry who is the sole employee and owner and received an email immediately explaining away the negative post and telling me that although my order hadn't been completed by the manufacturer it would be soon. I opted for a refund. Just a caution for anyone who decides to go with that joker believing his inventory is actually in stock he is a waste of time who does this as a side business. Does anyone have a reasonably priced legitimate manufacturer of 80% receivers that I didn't mention previously that I can deal with?
Old December 6, 2014, 11:05 AM   #2
DT Guy

Thank you for registering just to slam a company; the 'giant block of text' makes your point seem unassailable, by the way.

Larry

Government, Anarchy and Chaos

Tags
80% , ar15-kits.com , frame , receivers , scam