The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The North Corral > Competition Shooting

Old May 21, 2006, 04:48 PM   #1
zeroskillz

Competition holsters?? (Non-IDPA)

Now that I've posted about sights, lets talk holsters. I've got a Sig X-Five thats a load of fun to shoot and I'm thinking about doing some steel plate matches or USPSA stuff with it. I'm new to all this so I don't know much at all about whats what. So any advice is appreciated. I've seen some guys with things that look like a little skeletal thing that the gun sort of clips onto as well as full kydex holsters. Any thoughts?

Thanks!
-Zeke
Old May 21, 2006, 05:41 PM   #2
HSMITH

Zeke, a friend shoots an X5 in USPSA matches. He had a bear of a time finding a holster that would work with it. The only thing he found was a Speed-Sec and a CR Speed, both are 'race' holsters that basically just clip on the trigger guard.

www.shootersconnection.com carries both holster, call down there and talk to Chuck about the situation. He is a very nice guy and one of the best guys in the business to do business with.
Old May 21, 2006, 07:48 PM   #3
zeroskillz

Thanks! I'll take a look at those. I've had a hard time finding anything for it as well. I've got some sheet kydex on order that I'm going to mess with on my homemade vacuum table. If it works out, I'll post some pix on how to make a custom holster from kydex.
-Zeke