The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Gear and Accessories

Old February 11, 2021, 03:53 PM   #1
logeorge

KWIK-SITE

Does anyone have any current info on them? I see that they make, or used to make, a .22 scope mount that will fit the narrow dovetail used on Russian and other former Soviet bloc made .22 rifles, such as the Romanian training rifles. I've called them several times. The phone rings and rings, but nobody answers.
Old February 15, 2021, 09:24 AM   #2
wild willy

I think they are out of business.KWIK-SITE and Ironsighter were the same company.Their non see thru rings weren't too bad for a cheap ring.Better than the rings put on a lot of factory combo guns.Do you have a picture of the scope rings? I think I have a set of their .22 rings in my parts box.Might not be the ones but you never know.Mine are vertical split.
Old February 15, 2021, 07:00 PM   #3
logeorge

KWIK-SITE

I'm not sure which of their mounts will fit. The numbers I have for Romanian .22 training rifles are 55126, 55127 and 55128. Russia and other comm bloc countries used the same narrow receiver dovetail, as far as I can tell. I think Winchester imported a series of .22 rifles from Russia some years ago and they had the narrow dovetail. I've never seen one, this is what I saw on the internet, so it must be true. I don't have pictures, but I did see some on the net, somewhere. I suppose the numbers I listed are for different heights, but who knows? I saw somewhere that the vertical split rings might fit. but no way to verify without having one to try.

Last edited by logeorge; February 15, 2021 at 07:05 PM. Reason: add material