The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Gear and Accessories

Old March 13, 2005, 09:35 AM   #1
jeff6strings

I don't wear belts but I need a holster

I don't wear belts as my body shape really doesn't require it and I mostly wear jeans. Since I'm in the market for a holster (new buyer) I would like to know if there are any Kydex holsters for a Glock 34 that don't require you to wear a belt? I would also be looking for a magazine holder for my waist that doens't require a belt.
Thanks for any help.
Jeff
Old March 13, 2005, 07:45 PM   #2
emt118

You can try a fobus holster the main clipping point is in side of the jean hem on a paddle holster works well with or with out belt they also make a mag.holder the same way about 20.00 each..

Ron
Old March 14, 2005, 09:44 AM   #3
FirstFreedom

You need PADDLE accessories. Although paddles work *better* with belts, they do work without them as well - the opposing tooth can snag on the sewn seamline of the inside of the pants, allowing the draw. The thicker the pants, the better (like denin jeans).
Old March 18, 2005, 04:10 PM   #4
ctc

This isn't kydex and it isn't a Glock - But an Alessi Talon clips onto the waist band very well and a light belt helps hide the clip (but is not necessary). I am sure the Talon is available for a Glock. I have one for a Mustang, an Agent, a Pocket Nine, a Defender and the Beretta Cougar (shown below).

-- Chuck
Old March 18, 2005, 04:50 PM   #5
don't shoot it's me

You may also consider the alessi watch six since it has dual talons spread out on each side of the holster.....helps distribute the weight nicely...I found one thin clip with no belt a hair unstable with my P7...of course, it is a fairly heavy peice...
Old March 20, 2005, 09:00 PM   #6
Eric Larsen

I was gonna suggest the Alessi dual talon setup......nice. I make a DC Special that I wear IWB with my Jammies........works great.
Shoot well............

If you choose not to decide, you still have made a choice......Rush
Old March 20, 2005, 10:11 PM   #7
Harlie

I'm going

To suggest that you may want to consider changing your dress code to include a belt (1 1/2" Mim'). When you start hanging that much weight and gear on your jeans waist band, you will soon discover a problem. For most situations a sturdy belt is considered to be a intragal part of a carry rig and in some extreme cases a suspender isn't unrealistic. Usually a larger waist band size is also required to allow room for a IWB. Good luck in your endeavers.

Last edited by Harlie; March 20, 2005 at 10:12 PM. Reason: Add' comment
Old March 26, 2005, 09:18 PM   #8
JerryM

I second Harlie.

Jerry
Ecclesiastes 12:13  ¶Let us hear the conclusion of the whole matter: Fear God, and keep his commandments: for this is the whole duty of man.
14  For God shall bring every work into judgment, with every secret thing, whether it be good, or whether it be evil.
Old March 28, 2005, 06:58 PM   #9
jeff6strings

Thank you for all the replies. Because of the low price I purchased a Fobus paddle holster. So far so good without a belt, now I'm looking for a handcuff holder that has a clip like a cell phone or pager does.
Thanks again.
Old March 29, 2005, 04:17 PM   #10
jonathon

Find a local place that does custom leather work, and bring the cuffs to them. Shouldn't be more than $25 for something custom made, since generally a cuff holder is fairly simple. We've made a couple at the place I am apprenticed at... had metal clips and such, should clip onto the seam of your jeans just as good as a belt.

I also second getting a 1 1/2" belt though, with a standard buckle(rollers are great, but can be a big uncomfortable)
Romans 12:21

Do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good

More CZ M52 info than you can shake a stick at!