The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Handguns: The Revolver Forum

Old July 20, 2018, 05:59 PM   #26
Sevens

Quote:
Seems a lot of internet talk without many first hand experiences.
I relayed two first hand experiences but folks who believe these are a high quality product seem to think that Chiappa products are only shoddy on the internet.

Outside of the Rhino and it's extremely complicated and convoluted inner design, what do the masses think about OTHER products from Chiappa?

It's been my observation that Chiappa offers two grades... total crap for low money and overpriced crap for high money.

I still want to own a Rhino. If I could find a 4 or 6 inch for $400 or under that isn't broke before I touch it, I am a buyer. That's how impressed I am with the bottom chamber concept.

By and large, judging Chiappa on their products, I am actually shocked they are still in business this far. Shocked.
Old August 13, 2018, 05:19 PM   #27
M88

After reading mostly negative things on the internet, I talked to two people who actually did own and shoot them, and both had good things to say. I was interested in the concept and eventually did buy a Rhino 60DS with the 6 inch barrel. Took it to the range last week to see what all the fuss was about. Yes... UGLY gun, yes... doesn't exude quality like my Sigs or my little Beretta Tomcat, but after putting about 30 rounds through it, have to say it truly does turn a 357 Magnum recoil into a 9mm recoil, no question. Especially in the 6 inch model I have which is a bit heavier. As far as quality, time will tell. Fit and finish were on par with most of my other handguns, but then I'm not that hard to please.

Bottom line, the concept WORKS. Based on my first range time with it, I can foresee firing full 357 loads through this 60DS all day long and not go home with a sore hand/ wrist. My SP101, probably because it's so light, I only put 38 SPL through it because after a few cylinders of 357 my hand starts to hurt.
Old August 13, 2018, 06:40 PM   #28
claydoctor

Life is too short....