The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Tactics and Training

Old October 11, 2017, 03:21 PM   #1
hangoverjoe

Tula Toz 34 Shotgun

I've got no idea how to post a question here. Please advise if I've done this wrong.
I have a Russian made Tula Toz34 shotgun. It is an over/under, I'm kind of liking it. But, there's a lever on the right side, about 3/4 inch long. I can't figure out what it's for. I'd be obliged to anyone having information. Also, it doesn't always eject empty shells properly.
I'm working on it though! I read last evening how to break it down. I haven't tried, yet. So, I may be picking my peaches before there all fuzzed up.
Any input at would be appreciated. I'm no diplomat. I hope that I've done this correctly. Thank you, Joe
Old October 11, 2017, 08:26 PM   #2
GarandTd

Welcome to the forum, Joe.
I can't help you with your shotgun, but there are many knowledgeable members on this forum that probably can. You posted in the wrong section. A moderator can and will move your post to the right place where you'll surely get some insight. Good luck.
Old October 11, 2017, 08:38 PM   #3
TheDevilThatYouKnow

The small lever, right side? When in the horizontal position the shotgun breaks open normally; when in the lowered position it allows the barrels to separate from the receiver.

Not as sure about the ejection, but I would imagine it just needs a little 'breaking in' to get all the parts to slide past each other more easily.