The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Conference Center > General Discussion Forum

Old December 25, 2019, 11:53 AM   #1
WyMark

Local crime stopper report

This is what's on this week's crime of the week:

https://www.laramiecounty.com/_offic..._stoppers.aspx

Quote:
The Laramie County Sheriff's Office is seeking information related to the theft of a 45 caliber Kimber 1911. The gun had been left in an unlocked vehicle that was stolen on December 9th around 7 am. When the vehicle was recovered, the gun was missing.
Can't say I feel bad for someone that left a nice gun in an unlocked vehicle, but now some dirtbag is running around with a new-to-him 1911. Or has something to trade/sell to another dirtbag for drug money. Lock it up or take it inside. Why is that hard?

Oh, and Merry Christmas everyone!
Old December 25, 2019, 12:03 PM   #2
TimRB

Quote:
Originally Posted by WyMark View Post
Can't say I feel bad for someone that left a nice gun in an unlocked vehicle
Exactly. This sort of thing can only be used against us. Imagine the gun-hater's whine: "See? Gun owners are such morons they practically hand their guns over to criminals. To be safe, we need to confiscate them all."

Tim
Old December 25, 2019, 12:22 PM   #3
Pahoo

They walk among us !!!

Quote:
Gun owners are such morons they practically hand their guns over to criminals.
You would think that gun-owners are; "A cut above" but sadly we do have a "small" number, that are morons. I take extra care to protect my firearms from being stolen. I'm not as concerned about the value, I'm more concerned about what some punk-faced kid would do with it.....

Be Safe !!!
Old December 25, 2019, 01:36 PM   #4
thallub

Quote:
I'm not as concerned about the value, I'm more concerned about what some punk-faced kid would do with it.....

Same here. Recently two residents of this neighborhood have had handguns stolen from unlocked cars sitting in their driveways.

i would hate think that my negligence resulted in the death of some innocent person.