GaryED50

Quote:
Originally Posted by JERRYS. View Post
3 months for what?
Fixed income I had to put on layway and make three payments

Gary
Old December 21, 2019, 02:50 AM   #4
silvermane_1

Nice addition to your collection there Gary.
Rugers:SR1911 CMD,MK 3 .22lr 6",Sec. Six '76 liberty .357 4",SRH .480 Ruger 7.5",Mini-14 188 5.56/.233 18.5", Marlins: 795 .22lr 16.5",30aw 30-30 20",Mossberg:Mav. 88 Tact. 12 ga, 18.5",ATR 100 .270 Win. 22",S&W:SW9VE
9mm 4",Springfield:XD .357sig 4", AKs:CAI PSL-54C, WASR 10/63, WW74,SLR-106c
Old December 21, 2019, 07:31 AM   #5
Targa

Very nice!! I still need to shoot one of those someday. Let us know how it does at the range.
Old December 21, 2019, 09:09 AM   #6
AK103K

Watch out! Those things can be addictive. Ask me how I know.

Up until this past year, I never really saw the point to them, and now I have three of them, and just fought off the urge for #4 this past week (we see a lot of them used here, and at very reasonable prices).

They are a quality little gun, and very well made.

I find with mine, when you aim, dont try and line the front sight up with anything in the back, as it will likely make your rounds go low. I sight/look along the flat top of the frame and really dont use the front sight other than to get center alignment.

I kept hearing you cant hit anything with them but found that not to be the case. I shot this at 10 yards, one handed, just point and click, and as you can see, they do alright.

This was shot at around 5 yards, again one handed, and as fast as I could get them off.

The one thing I will suggest for them, that really is a help in shooting them, and adds little bulk, is the rubber, slip on grip by Houge that NAA sells on their website. Ive put one on all of mine.

Desantis makes a nice pocket holster for them that also carries spare rounds for a reload. Not that youre likely going to do that real quick.
Old December 21, 2019, 10:33 PM   #7
sparkyv

I'm sure it'll be worth the wait, Gary. Congratulations on the addition!
Old December 21, 2019, 11:23 PM   #8
RJTravel

If you use for carry you might want to carry down on empty chamber
Old December 22, 2019, 04:04 AM   #9
Bill DeShivs

The gun has safety notches between the chambers for the hammer to rest in. There is no need for an empty chamber.

Last edited by Bill DeShivs; December 22, 2019 at 03:22 PM.
Old December 22, 2019, 12:07 PM   #10
CDR_Glock

Quote:
Originally Posted by GaryED50 View Post
Here she is! Nice huh

Can't wait to get to the range with it

Gary

Congratulations! What holster did you get?

They make for a nice deep concealment gun or a backup to a backup.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Old December 22, 2019, 12:09 PM   #11
mxsailor803

Nice. I carried one for years when I was trapping. Unfortunately I sold mine. Might get another one day.
Old December 22, 2019, 12:25 PM   #12
Cheapshooter

I started with the miniest of the minis. The dedicated 22 short version. Tiny little cylinder, and over all shorter than the LR version.
Fun little popper, and I'm sure the begining of a complete set.
Cheapshooter's rules of gun ownership #1: NEVER SELL OR TRADE ANYTHING!
Old December 22, 2019, 05:14 PM   #13
GaryED50

Quote:
Originally Posted by CDR_Glock View Post
Congratulations! What holster did you get?

They make for a nice deep concealment gun or a backup to a backup.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
I bought the folding grip/holster that North American sells

Gary
Old December 22, 2019, 10:00 PM   #14
Armybrat

Gave my .22 lr Mini to one of my sons for Christmas several years ago. Still have the 35 year old Mini Magnum though. They are like little jewels with a big gang.

A Ranger II is on my want list.
Old December 23, 2019, 02:26 PM   #15
GaryED50

Next one I want to get is their new top break 22magnum version

Gary
Old December 23, 2019, 03:36 PM   #16
RJTravel

On our 4 minis the safety notches are less than secure. While in 'safety' it takes a mere .018" to release cylinder and allow the firing pin to be in contact with primer-rim. A mild brush or touch will release the cylinder - same on all 4 of them. Try it yourself. As for me hammer down on empty - just not willing to gamble my gonads on eighteen thousandths of an inch.
Old December 23, 2019, 08:59 PM   #17
Armybrat

Yeah, I always had mine on an empty chamber.
Old December 23, 2019, 09:22 PM   #18
AK103K

Ive been carrying one of mine in my back pocket, alongside my wallet, both in and out of a holster, every day now since around the middle of July, and have yet to find the hammer out of its safety notch (I check it each night visually before bed). And thats day-long use (time Im up until Im back in bed) doing everything from physical work, hours long trips in the car, watching TV, etc.

Not saying it cant or doesnt happen, just that I personally havent seen it happen "yet".

While the cylinder can move without much hammer travel, if its in the holster, I really dont see it being able to move should the hammer somehow move enough for it to release it.

But, I suppose anything is possible.
Old December 23, 2019, 09:27 PM   #19
RJTravel

It is a common occurrence. Try it. May your good luck continue.
Old December 23, 2019, 10:13 PM   #20
AK103K

This is the first Ive heard about it, and I've been paying pretty close attention to anything posted about them since I've picked mine up, so I don't know just how common it is. You're the first person I've seen bring it up.

And I have been giving it a good try too. I carried one around awhile empty when I got the first one, a couple of different ways, to see what would happen, and didn't have or see any problems.

I tried the same thing with a spare Glock 17 when I started carrying one and everyone said you HAD to use a holster. A year and a half carrying/handling that unloaded spare around the house while I was home, sans holster, in any manner you can imagine, and some you probably can't, and I never once found the trigger tripped. The only way that happened was when I deliberately pulled the trigger.

The holster is definitely the way to go, as it is with any gun. It keeps the gun in one place and properly oriented, and some protect both the hammer and trigger. Perhaps if you're just throwing it in a pocket, where it can move around, it might be a different story. Use a little common sense, and I don't think it's going to be much of an issue.

But, there's only one way to really find out.
Old December 24, 2019, 07:22 AM   #21
claydoctor

I advise anyone with one of these pistols to testfire it before counting on it for self defense. They appear to prefer CCI ammo over all others. When I bought my 22 magnum Pug years ago, the salesman sold me a box of Winchester cartridges. It suddenly became a single shot pistol. Apparently, due to the gun's tight tolerances, after the first shot, the empty shell would back up just enough to lock up the cylinder. When I contacted NAA about the issue, their response was " Oh yeah, we've heard about that happening. Try CCI ammo, that's what we use." Thanks for the heads up, guys. I have had no issues since switching to CCI.
Old December 24, 2019, 06:05 PM   #22
RJTravel

"I carried one around awhile empty when I got the first one, a couple of different ways, to see what would happen, and didn't have or see any problems."

I know a fella who carried a baby browning in his pocket for years - chambered and safety off - and was emboldened as are result of no occurrences. He had the same attitude - didn't even bother to try it - 'a man convinced against his will is of the same opinion still'. This has been bandied about extensively and fruitlessly on other boards (NAA, etc). Your gun - your gonads - good luck.
Old December 24, 2019, 06:35 PM   #23
AK103K

Quote:
Originally Posted by RJTravel View Post
. He had the same attitude - didn't even bother to try it - 'a man convinced against his will is of the same opinion still'. This has been bandied about extensively and fruitlessly on other boards (NAA, etc). Your gun - your gonads - good luck.
I dont understand your point. I HAVE tried it and HAVE been doing it, and what youre saying has not been an issue.

Could "something" happen? Sure, "something" can happen with anything you carry, and any way you carry it. But there are ways to mitigate that, and vetting things should be done, which I have done and continue to watch.

Even if it were to jump the notch, and the hammer may end up resting on the round, its still not cocked, and would require a solid blow to the hammer to maybe get it to go off. Can it happen, sure, somehow I guess. Is it likely? I doubt it would the way Im carrying it, but anything is possible.

But again, I dont carry it loose in my pocket, and its in a holster, and from personal experience, its not been an issue so far.

If that scares you, me carrying my Glock 26 loaded in a Smart Carry will probably really have you freaking out.

And that doesnt point at anything serious either.

Since its been "bandied about extensively and fruitlessly" how many actual, documented, unintentional discharges exactly have there been?
Old December 25, 2019, 12:25 AM   #24
RJTravel

Sheesh!
Old December 25, 2019, 12:42 AM   #25
Bill DeShivs

I carried an early short model without the notches in my pocket (without holster) for about 15 years. I carried with the hammer down between cartridge rims. Nothing else in the pocket, ever.
No issues whatsoever.