The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Hide > NFA Guns and Gear

Old October 24, 2018, 05:35 PM   #1
Sharkbite

Eform 1???

I just got an email saying BATFE has re-opened the Eform system for form 1’s

How does that work with the new (41f) requirements? Anybody know.
Old October 24, 2018, 11:53 PM   #2
Bill DeShivs

Don't know, but I do know someone who used it and was approved in 2 days.
That's not a typo.
Old October 25, 2018, 06:53 AM   #3
9x19

Still a PITA with the fingerprints, photos can be scanned and efiled though.

From: http://eforms.atf.gov/EForms/faces/u...te=v1gnyadiv_4

ATF is pleased to announce the return of ATF eForm 1, Application to Make and Register a Firearm, to the eForms system. This version allows filing by individual applicants, trusts and other legal entities (LLCs, corporations, etc.), and government agencies.

Effective July 2016, the definition of Responsible Person (RP) in relation to trusts or other legal entities and a background check requirement on each RP was added to Title 27 CFR Part 479. As a result, each RP must complete and submit ATF Form 5320.23 (NFA RP Questionnaire) along with photos and fingerprints. The signed, completed NFARPQ form is to be scanned and attached to the application as is each RP's photograph. (Note: the Form 5320.23 is not currently an eForm. It must be completed in hard copy or printed from a fillable version found in the ATF website (https://www.atf.gov) and then scanned and submitted as an electronic attachment.)

The eForms system cannot yet accept fingerprint cards, so if the application requires fingerprint cards, the fingerprint cards will be submitted in hard copy. The eForms system will generate an email notification to the submitter providing a cover letter which is to be returned with the fingerprints so they can be matched to the application....

ATF is confident that industry members who utilize the available eForms will realize the efficiencies of the system. The forms currently available in the eForms system are forms 1, 2, 3, 5 (Gov Only), 6, 6A, 9, 10 and 5300.11. To view or use fillable versions of any of these forms, go to the ATF websites (https://www.atf.gov) ATF continues to work at restoring ATF Form 4, Application for Tax Paid Transfer and Registration, to service as an eForm.

Last edited by 9x19; October 25, 2018 at 07:17 AM.
Old October 25, 2018, 07:05 AM   #4
Mobuck

I guess I need to get my "stuff" together and submit a couple. I've been hoping HPA would succeed but just not happening so maybe pay the ticket and get going with a couple more DIY cans.
Old October 25, 2018, 12:14 PM   #5
Bill DeShivs

I understand you can also do your own prints, now.
Old October 25, 2018, 01:46 PM   #6
Sharkbite

Quote:
I understand you can also do your own prints, now.
I wonder how that works. Back when my agency did inked prints, we would get a percentage of printcards returned as unreadable. That was with people that took prints all the time.

I cant imagine what the failure rate would be for the avg Joe Blow who has never taken a set before.

Digital scan os THE way to go. Just bite the bullet and pay your local SO to take em