The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Gear and Accessories

Old October 11, 2018, 07:10 AM   #1
Mike Irwin
Staff

Thoughts on two Bianchi holsters...

I'm looking at getting an OWB style thumb break holster for my Smith & Wesson 410 (semi-auto .40 S&W).

I'm pretty sure that I've narrowed it down to either the Bianchi Black Widow or the Bianchi 7 Shadow 2.

Anyone use either or both?

Thoughts?

Baby Jesus cries when the fat redneck doesn't have military-grade firepower.
Old October 11, 2018, 07:48 AM   #2
Screwball

I have the Black Widow for my S&W 1006... personally, I like the Black Widow over the Shadow.

Eventually, I wanted to get a 1066 or 1076 (might, but then I’m likely goin 1066, and then have it converted to decock only, like my 1006). Open bottom holsters like the Black Widow give you that flexibility, if you were thinking about getting something shorter (4013, 4053, CS40, etc).

If you consider getting another gun on the similar platform, go Black Widow. If you want the muzzle protected for a specific reason, go Shadow.
Old October 11, 2018, 08:38 AM   #3
Mike Irwin
Staff

One of the reasons I'm considering the Shadow is because it can be worn cross draw, which would make it a lot more convenient for driving.

Muzzle protection... Meh. Not worried about that. I'm not going to be whacking into things that are going to damage the muzzle.

Baby Jesus cries when the fat redneck doesn't have military-grade firepower.
Old October 11, 2018, 09:41 AM   #4
Screwball

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Irwin View Post
One of the reasons I'm considering the Shadow is because it can be worn cross draw, which would make it a lot more convenient for driving.

Then that would be a reason to go with one...

I’m not too favorable with cross-draw. Is what it is, but if that works for you, then one more positive for that holster.