The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Hide > The Art of the Rifle: Semi-automatics

Old August 26, 2022, 06:23 PM   #26
stagpanther

Quote:
Since I have a Leupold VX5HD without a rifle to call home, I decided to mount that scope for now.
I have one as well--funny how it ends up making the rounds on many of my rifles.
Old August 26, 2022, 06:35 PM   #27
kilotanker22

Quote:
Originally Posted by stagpanther View Post
I have one as well--funny how it ends up making the rounds on many of my rifles.
They are great scopes for the money. I have several of them.
“We do not seek peace in order to be at war, but we go to war that we may have peace. Be peaceful, therefore, in warring, so that you may vanquish those whom you war against, and bring them to the prosperity of peace.
– St. Augustine
Old August 30, 2022, 03:40 PM   #28
kilotanker22

I am certainly happy with how this rifle build turned out. Aero Precision M5, and all Aero parts, including the Ballistic Advantage 18", 308 WIN barrel.

I had some ammunition already loaded with Varget and 168 grain ELD Match bullets for my other 308, so I decided to sight in with ammunition I already have. I might just continue with this load and see where it leads.

The following is a seven round group fired after sighting in. I also chrono graphed all the shots I fired through this rifle that day. I was stunned at the velocity I got from this 18" barrel. If I continue with this load, I will need to buy an adjustable gas block as it is over gassed right now.
“We do not seek peace in order to be at war, but we go to war that we may have peace. Be peaceful, therefore, in warring, so that you may vanquish those whom you war against, and bring them to the prosperity of peace.
– St. Augustine
Old August 30, 2022, 07:34 PM   #29
stagpanther

Very nice group--pretty hard to go wrong with varget and a good 168 gr bullet in 308.