The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Tactics and Training

Closed Thread

Old March 4, 2000, 03:19 AM   #1
Hog Wild

I would like to invite all of you here over for a visit to our forums. Maybe you folks could teach us a few things. Hope you will stop by.
http://pub6.ezboard.com/bhogwildsfreedomforums
Old March 4, 2000, 08:46 AM   #2
Allen_Raiford

I visited. The racist crap kinda made me want to gag. I'll pass.
Old March 4, 2000, 12:06 PM   #3
olazul

Well,

It certainly has an agenda.

Olazul

Old March 4, 2000, 12:48 PM   #4
Zensho

Allen's post verified. I'll pass.
Old March 4, 2000, 03:29 PM   #5
Bulldozer

Hrmmm....while I disagree with many themes expressed in the location we were invited to, I fully agree with their right to say what they wish to.

I will, however, not be visiting.
Old March 4, 2000, 05:28 PM   #6
Spectre
Staff Alumnus

Yup. I would not take away free speech, but have better things to do with my time than waste it with blatant racists.
Old March 4, 2000, 05:54 PM   #7
Rich Lucibella
Staff

Hmmmm-
Singularly disinteresting.
Rich
Old March 4, 2000, 06:22 PM   #8
Hog Wild

I'm sorry all of you feel that it is a racist board. But it is not. Alot of folks wanted someplace that they could discuss racial issues without being censored. So I set up a racial issues forum for them. I'm sure that if you would also read some of the post on the race forum, you will see that there is an open and honest debate on the subjects posted. Don't just read the first post and give up. We have some pretty good debates on the issue of race. If you are Black and have an issue against white folks, then post it! It is for all races, not just the white race. I put it there for everyone to use. It's just a place for people to sound off!

There are several other boards to choose from, no one told you to visit the race forum. I agree that some may find it offensive, but everyone has a right to their opinion. So I hope you would look past the race board, and contribute to the other forums. Remember! We cannot all agree on everything!

Most of the members you will find on my boards came to them after a big fight on another major board, after they got tired of being censored on every issue. It seems that if some moderators didn't like a post, they would either close the thread, or delete the post. I will not do that. If you have something to say, then say it! But be man enough to accept whatever you might hear in the replies!

[This message has been edited by Hog Wild (edited March 04, 2000).]
Old March 5, 2000, 04:39 AM   #9
stdalire

Is that the way we call freedom of speech!

Although there is free of expression but I think everyone also should know what is to say to be a rational person. Me from a 3rd world seems has no place in the forum if someone will tell me, that who the hell I am who is from the 3rd world only.

Well, everybody is right to their own opinion but discussings things without an arbiter will be like who comes first, the chicken or the egg and we have an unending discussions.

Thanks

[This message has been edited by stdalire (edited March 05, 2000).]
Old March 5, 2000, 09:28 AM   #10
Rich Lucibella
Staff

Interesting site.

Point of information. I note that you feature short stories by a Member named "Old Bear". Once upon a lifetime ago, I founded a medical communications company called CyBear. It wasn't until we sought to promote our products on the internet that we learned the term "Bear" is often reserved for a subset of the male homosexual population.

Many were drawn inquisitively to our site. Now, we didn't have any real problem with that and the Company retains it's original name to this day. However, I suspect that you all might expect some visitors with a decidedly different viewpoint from your own.

In any case, good luck with your endeavor. Topic moved from AFCQC to General.
Rich
Closed Thread