The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Gear and Accessories

Old April 6, 2008, 02:33 AM   #1
Mr.XD9mm

What kind of IWB do you carry? Send pics or links on ones that work for you. Thanks

Looking to get pros and cons of IWB holsters that you all carry. Looking for one for my XD9mm 4"Service. That will not break the bank($15-$30 range) but is still a good holster that I can get in a 15 degree can't or without.

Are all cheaper holsters bad? Do not want to buy into a expensive holster to find that it will not work limited amount of funds for a holster. Any places online good to check out? Thanks
Old April 6, 2008, 09:58 AM   #2
2cooltoolz

I've owned several Don Hume holsters and found them to be High Quality, well made, hi grade leather holsters. I haven't owned a 715 IWB but would be willing to bet it's a nice holster.

Halfway down this page for $21

http://www.pistolgear.com/products.php?id=7
Old April 6, 2008, 03:58 PM   #3
Mr.XD9mm

IWB Holster$20 range

Thats the price range Im looking at for my IWB looks well made you think the Don Hume 715 is better than the HighNoons Bare Asset? Looks like they are sold out of the RH version.
Old April 6, 2008, 04:08 PM   #4
tplumeri

Quote:
High Quality, well made, hi grade leather holsters
agree about Don Hume holsters
I have two 715's for my PM9 and its comparable to other more expensive holsters.
I use a rt hand for cross draw and a left hand IWB for right handed small of the back and OWB carry
Old April 6, 2008, 04:58 PM   #5
furyfour

i have a high noon holster and I love it, it is very nice
Old April 6, 2008, 05:10 PM   #6
rantingredneck

I picked up a Desantis "Tuck - it" for 30 bucks at the last gunshow. I carry a Ruger P345 in it with shirt tucked and no one is the wiser.
Old April 6, 2008, 06:48 PM   #7
chris in va

I've never tried an IWB that was even marginally comfortable. The MTAC Minotaur looks promising though, but I'd have to either lose weight or get bigger pants.

OWB for me.
Old April 6, 2008, 07:33 PM   #8
DMacLeod

I have and use a Milt Sparks executive. It is hands down the most comfortable IWB holster I've ever used.
Old April 6, 2008, 09:08 PM   #9
tplumeri

well, the milt sparks are the best (JMHO) but i didnt mention mine cause the OP doesnt want to spend $150.
tom
Old April 6, 2008, 10:57 PM   #10
Mr.XD9mm

IWB HOlster's Keep em coming

Don Hume 715 looks like a quality holster too. Picking a holster is hard now leaning towards the Don Hume 715 instead of the High Noon Bare Asset but still undecieded. Still interested in your holsters in the $20-30 price range.
Old April 7, 2008, 10:36 PM   #11
2cooltoolz

I just bought a $94 High Noon Alter Ego. The selling point was the "Tuckability". I mention this to show I like High Noon holsters. The Bare Asset appears to be very thin cowhide, whereas I bet the Hume is Saddle Leather quality. As I mentioned above, my Humes were pro grade holsters. On the other hand, IWB, thinner might be better.
Never actually seen either one, so take my opinion for what it is (or is not) worth.
Old April 8, 2008, 09:35 AM   #12
tplumeri

Galco made a tuckable called USA (ultimate second ammendment), i thinks theres a newer model now. anyway i picked one up on ebay for 30 bucks.
its a soft leather holster, very comfortable.
Old April 8, 2008, 09:41 PM   #13
Mr.XD9mm

Conceal Carry Holsters $20-30 Range Brand search

There are so many holster choices so far it seems like the Hume 715 IWB. With wanting to spend $20-30 on a holster for my first one seems like a good choice.

Anyone who has owned the Hume715 ever have a problem with room inside the blue jeans. I stuck my 4" XD9 inside on the right side of my hip, and it was a little snug but still have room. Maybe I will run across a higher priced holster at a gun show or find one online that I pick up for a good price. Right now I am looking for the best IWB holster that $20-30's tops can buy.

I do appreciate everyone's input and it has helped out a lot. Didn't even think about Don Hume's products due how expensive the line has. Still interested in any others ya'll can think of or have used before you bought your current high price holster if any others come to mind within the price range above.

I take my class April 19th and plan to carry the XD this way.
Old April 10, 2008, 02:05 PM   #14
dairycreek

This is a FIST #43 IWB/OWB holster and an XD45 Service (4" barrel). Note that the holster allows for either inside or outside the belt carry. Because of the structure of the XD pistol I can (and do) carry either the XD45 Service (pic) or the XDSC9 in this holster and it does a fine job for either weapon. And the holster costs less than $60.00 so it is not a budget breaker. I have a number of different holsters by FIST and can recommend them as a quality piece of merchandise.

GOOD SHOOTING