The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Handloading, Reloading, and Bullet Casting

Old March 25, 2000, 01:57 PM   #1
jetrecbn1

I was interested in improv sorry modifiying my lee 1000. Brand new it was one hell of a machine, now it just frustrates me. Replaced many parts, and still will not function reliably. Can I make it so that it becomes a manual indexing machine? The primers are tipping, not going into battery, or expedited when there are no cases. Any helpful remedies? I don't have the money to buy a new press and if I did it would go towards a new gun, because I know this machine can work. Can I send it back and pay for refurbishing?
Old March 25, 2000, 03:02 PM   #2
Daniel Watters

One thing that helps the Pro 1000 is to replace the supplied nuts with nylon locking versions. This keeps several of the bolts/nuts from vibrating loose with use, especially the shell-plate index adjustment.

I've also heard someone recommend replacing the screw that retains the pivot arm for the primer feed. The fellow replaced the screw with a bolt and nut.