The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Hide > The Dave McCracken Memorial Shotgun Forum

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old April 1, 2000, 10:27 PM   #1
Cameron Rhyne
Join Date: July 11, 1999
Posts: 22
I have been thinking of puting a sling on my Rem 870. What's the difference between a vertical swing swivel and a side one?


The price of freedom is eternal vigilance.
-Thomas Jefferson
Cameron Rhyne is offline  
Old April 2, 2000, 06:53 PM   #2
Vern Brink
Join Date: March 13, 2000
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Posts: 85
Depends on how you want to carry the shotgun. Slings that attach on the side like the Giles sling are referred to as 3 pt slings. They are used to position the gun where it is quickly brought to the ready and so you can quickly and easily transition to a handgun. With the shotgun in a firing position, you basically just let it drop to the slung position in front of your body. A 2 pt sling is usually used in the traditional fashion slung over the primary or support side shoulder either muzzle up or muzzle down. You can still use a 3pt sling in the traditional fashion. It all depends on what you are doing with the gun. If it's a hunting piece, go with the 2 pt.

Vern Brink is offline  

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:12 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site and contents, including all posts, Copyright © 1998-2018 S.W.A.T. Magazine
Copyright Complaints: Please direct DMCA Takedown Notices to the registered agent:
Contact Us
Page generated in 0.05649 seconds with 10 queries