The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Hide > The Dave McCracken Memorial Shotgun Forum

Old August 8, 2018, 10:26 AM   #26
Don Fischer

Hear pro and con about most gun's being made. Some guy's love'em and other guys don't. Seem's to me that most the guy's that don't like them are usually guy's that have never tried them. For awhile I was considering one of those Tri Stars with a 24" barrel or if I couldn't find it a 26" barrel. I've never owned but one semi auto in my life and that was a long long time ago. So I have nothing to base an answer on. What attracted me to them was the looks. Let's face it, if you've never seen but a photo of a gun, how do you have a clue what kind of gun it it? Made in Turkey? Well junk used to come out of japan too didn't it, they don't turn out junk anymore. The Tri Star is inexpensive enough to try I think. If I was still thinking of an auto, I'd certainly be willing to try one. Only semi auto as good looking as it is IMO, the 1100 Remington and the one's I've handled are heavy!

So I have gone back to my first love, SxS's. Found an AyA mod 4 26" barrel's 28ga that weight's 5# and that money I'm waiting on get's here in time, I'm gonna have it. Still might consider a semi auto after that just for the heck of it. It would end up at my son's anyway! it's not like I would be sinking my life saving's into it!
Old August 8, 2018, 01:58 PM   #27
TrueBlue711

Thanks for the field reports. I think this is a winner for my situation. My wife shoots maybe 100-200 shells in a year. This will be just fine for that.
Old August 9, 2018, 08:30 AM   #28
Ricklin

Agreed

Given the low round count I would do the same. The Turkish guns are getting better. Fit and finish has improved.