The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Conference Center > General Discussion Forum

Old January 20, 2010, 06:08 PM   #401
BigMac

Hello everyone. I'm a long time gun owner and beginning trapshooter in Illinois. Don't post much so far but this site is great reading.
Old January 22, 2010, 10:32 PM   #402
howahunter

Hello from Idaho. I am an avid outdoorsman and volunteer hunter education instructor. Looking forward to acquiring some great info from this site.
Old January 22, 2010, 11:38 PM   #403
mtodduk08

mtodduk08

Hello everyone
Name is Marshall and I am big into sports,fishing,and handguns. However I am fairly new to handguns I was hoping this group would teach me a few things,got into guns about 3 years ago love to shoot them own about 7 but just been learning about them as I go. Nice to meet everyone.
Old January 23, 2010, 04:56 AM   #404
REBEL ROUSER

Hello from Arizona. I'm new here, but not new to guns. Looking forward to communicating and sharing.
Old January 24, 2010, 12:57 PM   #405
Timcat

New in AZ

I've been reading posts here for a while and decided I might chime in some day. I've been bitten by the older gun bug but don't have enough money to really hurt myself. So far a couple of Mosins, a Turk and K98 from the Mauser line, a Romanian .22 trainer and a Chicom SKS make up my old rifles. I also have an 1895 Nagant, Walther P-38 and PP, CZ-52 and a P-83 Vanad for my older handguns. I've got a couple of cap & ball guns and some newer rifles and pistols as well. I guess I've got more than I thought... Anyway, glad to be here.
Old January 24, 2010, 11:30 PM   #406
Don357

New to TFL in Semmes AL

Just recently joined TFL, and hope to become a part of the family. I really enjoy shooting of all kinds, modern and primitive. However, the Civil War, WW2, and pre-M16, are my favorite weapons. I'm a minister, veteran, truck driver, and "Bluegrass" musician, with a smattering of gunsmith included.
I hope to get involved soon.

Don Bordeaux
C Co. 46th ENGR BN Ft Rucker AL
E Co. 7th CBT AVN BN Ft Ord CA
257th SIG BN (FAST SOUTH) Taegu Korea
Old January 26, 2010, 01:11 PM   #407
4Kiro

Hi, newbie here. been shooting for about five years. Ever since I join the Marine Corps. I have two combat tours in Iraq. I have been a Police Officer for two and ahalf years. Trying to learn everything I can.
Old January 26, 2010, 04:30 PM   #408
jimdandy13

oldie but newbie

I've been around the block a few times but fortunately, i can still find the right house i live in. I've had several hand guns for years and not fired them much.

I just joined a club and hope to shoot at least once a month. Also scheduled to attend a CCW class in two weeks.

My guns:

Ruger 22 semi (not sure how to tell if it is a mark I, but it is old, slide does not lock back when empty). This is a nice piece

Intratec 9mm CAT9. This is a POS. I can't get 3 rounds through it without jamming. Read the forum, tried everything, still jams, sometimes it ejects. other times it stove pipes. I want to upgrade to a Glock 17. Money of course, is always an issue because I am retired.

Two shops have pretty much told me my Cat isn't worth much or they don't even want it on trade against new or preowned Glocks.

My question, should I try to part out the Cat (except for the frame with SN) or should I try to sell it?
Old January 27, 2010, 01:13 AM   #409
Jobfix

New Member / Long Time Enthusiast

Hello Out There, Well I enjoy the wealth of knowledge & experience in "TFL". Been shooting, hunting, reloading, since I was old enough. Started with shotguns, then rifles, then pistols, trying to learn along the way. Gees it's been some 45yrs. now. My real passion is long range shooting: Prairie Dogs, Ground Squirrels, Coyotes, & Crows. I use four customized rifles for this and four different manufacturers : Savage 110 / 243win. std., Winchester mod.70 / 243 Ackley Improved, Remington 700 / 22-250 Ackley Improved, Ruger 77 MKII / 22-250 std. OK I've "tooted my horn" enough, maybe too much. Thanks for this forum. Type at you later, "O'B'
Old January 27, 2010, 03:12 AM   #410
FreezerBurn

I caught the bug

Went out with my dad and shot his 44 mag, SKS, pump action 12 gauge, and some unknown 22 rifle. Unfortunately he had been holding out on me for a long time, I'm 26 now.. I am now in the market for a 9mm pistol and 22 rifle or carbine. I hope to get some good advice here as to my first purchases. I'm thinking specifically of a Glock 17 and AR-15. I primarily started to peak interest after watching some gun reviews by nutnfancy on youtube. Then practically dragged my father out to the gun range The Shot gun gave me a bruise but I've since learned how to keep that from happening. The SKS gave me the best accuracy. the 22 rifle was extremely low on recoil, but didn't get to use the scope as it was dirty. 22 pistol (yeah forgot this one) I didn't do too well with this one. 44 Magnum was INSANE, just had a great time firing that one. Well it's late, I hope to be a very active member and soon to join the NRA.

oh yeah I bought a reloading book Lyman Reloading Handbook 49th edition, wanted to start reading about reloading and what better way to learn about various ammunition.
Old January 29, 2010, 12:16 PM   #411
jc1000

New member intro

I have just joined the forum. Though I been a hand and long gun owner for many years, I recently secured a CCW permit so I'm looking for a suitable daily carry alternative to a Colt Government Pocket lite 380 I actually bought for my wife 10 years ago.
Nice gun but It is SA only and I don't like carrying it in condition 1. The holster has a strap to cover the FP but in a high stress encounter I can envision stumpling trying to resease the strap and safety with a threat closing rate of 1.5 seconds within 7 yards. Any compact gun recomendations?
Old January 29, 2010, 01:25 PM   #412
Series70

Glad to be here

Hi Everybody,

I've been a lurker for quite awhile on these threads. I'm continually impressed by the depth of knowledge and general let's-help-out-a-buddy spirit displayed in the posts. Lots of good info on my Uberti 1851 Navy, too.

Not doing much shooting these days for a variety of excuses, but it sure is educational and fun to sit in on the conversation. Thanks for all the good times so far. Y'all might get a kick out of this piece on Washington Rebel, which is run by a bunch of shooters and definitely worth a regular read.

Adios for now, and thanks again.
Old January 29, 2010, 01:25 PM   #413
heartbeat

i just joined today. i love guns, reloading, hunting, etc.
Old January 29, 2010, 05:42 PM   #414
C-Q-B

Quick Hello:

Hi to all professionals and those on civvy street.

I have just joined and am looking forward to learning, as well as hopefully providing insightful information to this community.

I just responded to a thread here:
Click Here

I am what I am.
Old January 30, 2010, 03:57 AM   #415
Pacquiao

next shooter on deck.

Greetings to TFL forumers/shooters,
I come from a country where Gaston Glock decided not to sell his wares to the civilian populace. My first gun was a 24/7 9mm-Titanium slide, still with me. Then a 941 9mm.
This forum has quite a following, very informative and interesting issues available to newbies like me. i am half a century old, started to do IPSC and IDPA not competitively but just enough to be properly trained for eventualities and most of all safety with discipline at all times. Shoot safely...........
Old January 30, 2010, 09:12 AM   #416
Hawk-1

Hawk-1

Hi everyone, newbie here. Live in western NC and enjoy shooting, guns etc. very much. Am married with 2 teenage boys. both good boys, and before I mess up, also a good wife. We all enjoy shooting and hunting. We shot silhoutte small bore before the boys came along. Now they are big enough to shoot with us so we are looking to get back into it. Anyone know about the CMP Savage rifle (.22) they are selling? thanks and nice meeting all.
Old January 30, 2010, 10:15 PM   #417
TXGunNut

Believe it or not I'm a resident of the Republic of Texas and I have an interest in guns that some folks may consider obsessive. I own less than three dozen of the lovely things and may or may not have adequate ammunition, components and tools to shoot as much as I want for the rest of my life-as long as I don't resume my competitive shooting career. I was a peace officer for 25 years but duty or military weapons don't interest me any more than the various hunting, target and plinking firearms I encounter.
I'm here because some folks here are much more knowledgeable than I am in my current areas of interest. Some experiences are expensive or painful so I prefer to learn from others'. Black powder cartridges are my next area of interest but time constraints are keeping me from exploring them as fully as I'd like.
Other folks here can benefit from my limited wisdom and I'm more than willing to pass it on. I have little use for flamers because what passes for witty responses for some folks degrades a valuable forum for the rest of us.
Some folks have a high regard for my marksmanship skills but as a result of many years of competition I know that I have a long way to go and my middle-aged eyes are always going to hold me back.
Oh, and I get a bit wordy @ times.
Life member NRA, TSRA

Last edited by TXGunNut; January 31, 2010 at 12:22 AM. Reason: brain gas
Old January 31, 2010, 07:30 PM   #418
jambrdly

Hello:

I'm a retired Navy Russian translator - now a school teacher - I have hunted in Europe, Asia and Africa. However, I'm getting on in years and I mostly confine myself to the range these days.
Old January 31, 2010, 08:59 PM   #419
waterfowler

I am from Michigan. I have always loved firearms. Hope to be a future gunsmith. I have a ton of questions. I just can't quite get how to post new threads. Hoping you wil help me out.
Old February 1, 2010, 12:22 AM   #420
cd01

Gday all from down under from cd01

I enjoy all forms of hunting and shooting

I own the following firearms

styer professional .270
remington police 7600 308
styer scout 308
marlin ss 45/70
remington 22/250
remington 300 win mag
6.5 x 55 swede mauser (military)
browning trombone .22
brno .22
fabam 12g shotty camo
miroku 12g shotty (comp)
aya s/s shotty (grandads)
lanber shotty (wifes)
beretta shotty (wifes comp)

I enjoy outdoors, motor bike riding (hunting and motocross) fishing etc

look forward to drooling over all the semis, that our government does not trust us with.

Kind regards

cd01
Old February 1, 2010, 03:27 AM   #421
To3T@g

Hey Yall!
awesome forum here and equally awesome people on here! nice to meet u guys and girls! To3T@g has been my handle for the last decade so i stuck with it! im a Bama man and love all firearms. cant wait to get to know as many of u as possible and glad to be here
Old February 1, 2010, 03:55 AM   #422
KevinBeyerJr

Learning the ropes from Texas

Hello All,
I am a 27 year old Navy Vet in Texas. I just recently purchased a Springfield Arms XD 9mm Compact (my first personal gun), which opened me up to a whole new level of questions, inquiries, and "candy" stores.
Old February 1, 2010, 06:01 PM   #423
young mosin

hey guys im 15 and i like guns.
Old February 2, 2010, 04:52 PM   #424
TheBigO

Hey-
New member and new gun owner. I think that I have caught the gun bug. I purchased my first gun a glock 21 in OD green mid last year and now have 4 more. I am also just getting into reloading and am sure that I will have my questions and hence the reason i am here. The problem I am seeing already is getting primers. Thought I would start here

Thanks
-O
Old February 3, 2010, 08:10 PM   #425
slyon

This is me....

www.safeshooter.info

Tags
ar15 , cerakote , custom ar , introduction , laser engraving , new agent