The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Conference Center > General Discussion Forum

Old April 8, 2018, 02:20 PM   #1
In The Ten Ring

Teach your kids gun safety.

Because if you don't, they grow up to be idiots like her or they don't get away from idiots like her.

https://www.liveleak.com/view?t=yAJk_1522645232

The victim here protested "that makes me nervous" but he didn't disarm her or get out of the car. He won't make that mistake again.

In 2008 I physically disarmed a child at a public gun range for pointing a loaded gun at another child's head. Instead of thanking me the father launched into a screaming and profanity-laced fit before hastily leaving.

Once in the 1990's I arrived at a gun range and noticed a child (father distracted) pointing a shotgun at me. I never said a word, packed up my gear, and left.
Old April 8, 2018, 02:27 PM   #2
Mike38

She better get 20+ years for man slaughter.
Old April 8, 2018, 05:45 PM   #3
DaleA

Wow. In this case the warning they post before you can see the video is well deserved. We get so many warnings about everything in the world many times we brush them off...this warning has merit. I'm wondering how long the video will remain up.
Old April 8, 2018, 06:48 PM   #4
RC20

What is missed is that as anyone can buy a gun, you can teach your kids total gun safety (I was and lost gun privileges for a year as a kid), but the yahoo that decides he needs a toy and has no training, no discipline and not a clue about guns can buy one.

Having watched drivers (as well as people at the gun range) I find that deeply disturbing. I had a friend I taught shooting to for a bit, serious liberal, she points out to me the people who are acting like clowns. Yep, she got the rules, they could have cared less.

I am a sort of Assistant at the range when I am shooting. Always a judgment call to tell someone they are breaking the rules vs letting the range safety guys deal with it.

As noted, on more than one occasion, the guy got totally pissed off and reported me to the Range Master (who told him in turn he was wrong and he was about to get admonished by said range master)

Other times its been annoyance and then recognition that yes, it was not that I was right or pushy but the rules were/are for safety.

Some of those bite their lip, some of them will bit the kip and then realize what it was about and thank you. Some will thank you outright.