The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Handguns: The Semi-automatic Forum

View Poll Results: Which is the best method for concealed carry?
In Battery (i.e. condition 1)- Round in Chamber 153 93.29%
Out of Battery- Need to Rack the Slide to Fire 11 6.71%
Voters: 164. You may not vote on this poll

Old April 9, 2010, 10:13 AM   #51
vladan

Quote:
STOP ASKING ME WHY I DON'T CARRY A ROUND IN THE CHAMBER... BECAUSE I DO... CARRY A ROUND IN THE CHAMBER... ME... THE ROUND CHAMBER CARRIER... OVER HERE... THE ONE WITH THE ROUND IN THE CHAMBER READY TO FIRE... YAH... ME... THANKS... NOW TRY AND PAY ATTENTION AND STOP SENDING ME INSULTING PERSONAL MESSAGES ABOUT YOUR POOR READING ABILITIES OR CARELESSNESS MIXED WITH SELF RIGHTEOUS NONSENSE. YOU DON'T GAIN SMART POINTS BY TELLING PEOPLE THEY ARE DUMB AFTER YOU MESS UP. YOU LOOK LIKE AN INCOMPETANT FOOL. READ THE OP YOU CRUEL, LAZY, INCOMPETANTS.
This kind of post make you look much more competent in handling weapon.
Never ask you anything, get your facts straight.
Like I said, if you carry your glock in holster with one in chamber I'm with you.
You did stated in your original post that you carry with the clip, then edited your post. End of story.
Old April 9, 2010, 11:00 AM   #52
LordTio3

Thanks for proving my point... HARD...

Quote:
This kind of post make you look much more competent in handling weapon.
Never ask you anything, get your facts straight.
Like I said, if you carry your glock in holster with one in chamber I'm with you.
You did stated in your original post that you carry with the clip, then edited your post. End of story.
Does anyone else but me read this response and finally COMPLETELY understand why this guy can't keep MY words straight if he can't even write a grammatically correct sentence expressing his own views?

And stop accusing me of editing. When I see that I've made a typo or grammatical error, I correct it. So do yourself and everyone else a favor...
When you get ready to respond to a carefully worded viewpoint or thought; Take a second... Count to ten... re-read CAREFULLY whatever you are about to recklessly smear with incoherent drivel... Then re-read what you YOURSELF wrote before you post it.

That way your mouth won't taste so revoltingly much like foot the majority of the time.

... whether you realize it or not.

~LT

... Oh, and in case you need more evidence...
Quote:
Really. This was old DAYS ago. And it's not just you, it's a TON of people. So now it's time for the "Billy May's Key."
The world does not revolve around you and your posts. And I even made a point to tell you that. And yet you still operate under the belief that it does.
For some reason...
... And it's not the end of the story simply because you quit paying attention. That's why you sound stupid to everyone else who has actually been paying attention.

Last edited by LordTio3; April 9, 2010 at 11:07 AM.
Old April 9, 2010, 11:03 AM   #53
comn-cents

Why do you carry a round in the chamber?

Lighten up
Old April 9, 2010, 01:01 PM   #54
vladan

Quote:
The world does not revolve around you and your posts. And I even made a point to tell you that. And yet you still operate under the belief that it does.
Please tell me that again. And why you are seems seems so ticked off by my posts ... having bad day?

You acusing me of not reading your posts so here it goes :
Quote:
Didn't edit my method of carry. I edited the next to last sentence to ensure it was minimally offensive to the friends who will inevitably read it.
then this :
Quote:
And stop accusing me of editing. When I see that I've made a typo or grammatical error, I correct it.
So was that grammatical error or was that because you tick off your friends ?

You took this thread way off topic by insulting and screaming at me and others for pointing out your inconsistencies
To answer your OP yes I think weapon should be carried ready to fire ... safely in holster ... and I hope that will make you adopt tone more appropriate for this forum
Old April 9, 2010, 01:52 PM   #55
TailGator

Boys, boys . . .

People who engage in peeing contests tend to get wet.

FWIW, I am one who made a comment - one which I was careful to phrase politely and which remains unedited - about my concerns with carrying a Glock with a clip. I read the OP twice, then went back and checked it again before posting my comment, but the portion of the OP that I addressed isn't there any more for whatever reason.

Everybody mis-states things once in a while. Seems a lot healthier to just say "Oops" and correct a misunderstanding than to get one's blood pressure so high.

Since this is a beat-to-death subject and the exchanges are getting nasty, we can pretty much bet on this thread being closed pretty soon. Too bad it has to be this way on these boards sometimes.
Old April 9, 2010, 02:13 PM   #56
vladan

^^^ this ...Agree
Old April 9, 2010, 02:48 PM   #57
worth

condition one is the only ready condition
Old April 9, 2010, 07:18 PM   #58
LordTio3

^^^Agreed^^^

Really, the predominant reason I am so offended is not because of the people posting on this thread. For the most part, you are all civil and quite helpful. The reason I am so offended and upset is because of the Private Messages I'm getting because of this. They are simply awful and I won't repeat anything on here for the sake of civility.

Thank you to all who remain helpful and productive. And in retrospect, Vladan, if I offended you, I apologize. I realize now that this was probably just a long string of misunderstandings that got out of hand. I respect that you wish to be helpful and that you ultimately agree with me on this issue. Thank you for your contribution and I apologize again if I took out my frustrations on you publicly; as you were not the cause of the distress that prompted it. That was unfair and I like to think I'm a better person than that.

Takin' it down a notch...,
~LT
Old April 9, 2010, 07:24 PM   #59
christcorp

I'm sure it was already mentioned, but the OP mentioned condition 1 and condition 3. Yo, there is condition 2. I.e. just about every real double action out there. Buy a REAL GUN, like a SigSauer P220, with a decocker, and you get the best of both worlds. Point and click, and safety that can't be mechanically compromised. Or, you don't buy a gun with true double action capabilities, and you deal with issues that are a compromise; like choosing between condition 1 and 3; dealing with no 2nd strike capabilities, and dealing with safety. Your choice. Me personally, I'll stick with my sig and CZ.
Old April 10, 2010, 12:29 AM   #60
JohnKSa
Staff

Appreciate folks working things out without "help". It's always nicer for everyone that way.
Old April 10, 2010, 12:33 AM   #61
michael t

Your friends have a poor club. Tell they to get a revolver if their afraid of a loaded auto might go off .

Tags
ccw , chamber , concealed carry , condition 1 , glock