The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Conference Center > General Discussion Forum

Old July 28, 2018, 08:41 AM   #51
Road_Clam

Luckily for me I have to LGS's within an hour's driving distance to me. Both have an outstanding supply of reloading components. Yes they cost more but no shipping and hazmat fees. I am developing a very bad attitude towards greedy big corporate as I lost my job of 22 years where a small very successful family run business was sold, bled dry of knowledge and shut down in favor of off shore manufacturing. I am on a mission to support small USA based manufacturing as much as I can. Cabelas and Bass Pro I can certainly live without.
Old July 29, 2018, 08:55 PM   #52
jonb32248

I'm down the street from corp. headquarters of BP and mostly only buy Berry's 124 gn bullets. Primers sometimes but I go to Academy for that.Lgs are over priced for all that stuff here.
Old July 30, 2018, 02:42 PM   #53
Justice06RR

Their business model is definitely not good.

Gander and BassPro are 2 of the overpriced stores that I don't shop at. The clothing merchandise is extremely overpriced; a t-shirt that should cost $15 is $40.

Academy seems to be a bit better on firearms and ammo, although clothing is still overpriced.
Old August 14, 2018, 07:38 AM   #54
imp

Perhaps this is pessimistic of me, but I have zero faith in Cabelas/BPS in the corporate and political arenas.

They are under enormous pressure to follow the same path as Dicks Sporting Goods, and it may just take one more evil screwball to make news with a gun for them to radically alter their additude towards the shooting sports.

I know for a fact my local gunshop won't cave in to anything. I try to patronize them as often as possible to keep them open, for the days ahead when the big box stores have turned their back on us.
Old August 16, 2018, 11:33 PM   #55
m&p45acp10+1

Both stores I have been to in Texas (Buda/Austin. and Waco) have not replaced the sold items. The shelves are starting to clear, and I was asking if there is another scare going on that is driving a shortage. The gossip I heard is that they are not going to be restocking those items until they do a logistics merge. They are going to merge the distribution centers to be able to deliver to both stores.

It seems simple at a glance. The truth is there is a team of people trying to sort things out, and get a single system to work for both. So in order to feel like they are making things work better, they are going to bust the gears of a system that was already working.
Old August 17, 2018, 05:42 AM   #56
rebs

Since the buy out of Cabelas by BassPro our Cabelas here in Cheektowaga has taken a big down hill dump. Very low ammo and reloading supplies etc etc.. Their prices have gone way up. In all honesty this store has taken a big turn down hill. And with Gander Mountain changing hands to Gander Outdoors it also has less for the firearms enthusiast. But they are better than Cabelas. I go to the Buffalo Gun Center first for all my shooting needs, if they don't have what I want I go other places to find it including online.