The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Hide > The Dave McCracken Memorial Shotgun Forum

Old December 8, 2000, 12:54 PM   #1
Ron L

A guy at work just GAVE me a Model 51 Featherlight for my son to use for deer hunting. It's in very nice condition and they're not kidding about the Featherlight part, it makes my Winchester feel like a tank. Unfortunately, I don't know much about Ithacas.

Would other barrels be available? Possible a shorter field barrel or a slug barrel. What about sights? Scope mount? I looked through Brownells and B-Square and they don't list anything for this model. Any other options? Maybe drill & tap the receiver?

TIA

Ron
Detroit Area Chapter
Terra Haute Torque & Recoil Society
Old December 8, 2000, 08:23 PM   #2
twoblink

I am in the process of choosing a bottom eject, basically a Browning BPS or Ithaca. Ithaca's are excellent guns, reliable, durable, and just plain great pieces of machinery.

The shotgun should have the support rib on top right? I think you can slap on a scope regardless...

Let us know..

Albert