The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Hide > NFA Guns and Gear

Old June 23, 2007, 08:25 PM   #26
douglasschuckert

G18

Currently every FA Glock on the books are Post-86ers. Unfortunetly there are no full auto Glocks on the transferable registry. Until the 86 ban gets lifted, the common man is screwed. The C2 SOT can build and sell 'em to dealers with demo letters, military, and police units (no individuals at all).

In pakistan???? Where? Im in ISB right now. Would love to link up with a fellow shooter.

I assume 5k is in USD right? 5k rs would be DIRT cheap. :-)
http://www.nraila.org/Legislation/Fe...d.aspx?id=2668 - HR 1022 Assault Weapons Ban & Law Enforcement Protection Act (2007) http://www.thepetitionsite.com/takeaction/409898348 - Online Petition against! DO YOUR PART, WRITE YOUR DAMN REP, and DEMAND VETO!
Old May 29, 2010, 11:55 AM   #27
weptec

how to make glock 19 fully automatic?

im looking to buy the kit to make a glock 19 fully automatic. its for a friend who live outside the us.
does any one know how can i get it ?
thx
weptec.com
Old May 29, 2010, 12:11 PM   #28
johnwilliamson062

All the guys in Pakistan are making me want to move there. Seems like you all have full auto over there. Very jealous.

I am also sorry that so many can't believe anyone outside the US shoots or posts on the web. Also sorry I can't give you any info about the conversion, how I wish I could.

I have HEARD the Glock full autos are incredibly unwieldy and only novelty items though.
Old May 29, 2010, 02:38 PM   #29
LordofWar

My b***ch with a switch ;)

It's perfectly legal to have it here ONLY if you have the Prohibited Bore firearms license (Equivalent to Class 3). People here usually have it on the Non-Prohibited Bore license as the LE here have no idea what it is .

The one on my Glock is the original FSSG switch and Ive shot in excess of 10,000 rounds without a single hiccup.

There are a few chinese variants available but they're crap.

If it would'nt have been for collection's sake I would have never bought the Glock 18. With the switch any 17/19 runs exactly the same as the 18.

Old May 29, 2010, 02:56 PM   #30
LordofWar

johnwilliamson062 : It's just some of us on this forum who have full autos otherwise it's totally on the contrary. Full autos are heavily regulated here. It's perhaps easier for you guys to acquire a class 3 weapon permit than for an average Pakistani to acquire a PB license (license for full autos, semi auto rifles with calibre in excess of .22 LR or any 7.62, 5.56 & 5.45 rifle calibre).

If it would'nt have been for those Taliban in the North it's pretty cool here.
Old May 29, 2010, 06:12 PM   #31
Ridge_Runner_5

Quote:
im looking to buy the kit to make a glock 19 fully automatic. its for a friend who live outside the us.
does any one know how can i get it ?
thx
weptec.com
I dont believe there are any commercially available conversion kits, and even if so, they wouldnt sell them to US citizens unless they had a proper FFL in their name.

But I've heard that if you file down the firing pin in the right places, it will be become in full auto...
Old May 29, 2010, 08:20 PM   #32
LordofWar

Filing the pin (if/when it works) would make it permenently full auto. The FSSG switch gives you select fire.

I don't know the technical mechanism but when I move the switch to full auto when the slide's racked the protruding lever of the auto pushes the firing pin further inside the spacer sleeve.

There are Glock butt plates available here for $100 USD that make your Glock run full auto all the time. Pointless! However that put that onto my Glock 17 in a HERA ARMS PDW conversion. One word: Wicked! :P

Last edited by LordofWar; May 29, 2010 at 08:25 PM.
Old May 29, 2010, 10:46 PM   #33
Ridge_Runner_5

Quote:
protruding lever of the auto pushes the firing pin further inside the spacer sleeve.
So it turns a Glock into an open bolt SMG?
Old May 30, 2010, 08:09 AM   #34
LordofWar

Well a close bolt machine pistol would be the right word with the FSSG switch.

If you'd put it in the PDW conversion kit with the buttplate (the kit does'nt have space to accomodate the FSSG switch) you can only fire full auto.
Old May 30, 2010, 08:12 AM   #35
LordofWar

You guys cant even have the auto kit installed on your Glock even if you have a class 3 firearms permit?

What if the dealer sells you with the FSSG switch pre installed? Would that make any difference?
Old May 30, 2010, 08:37 AM   #36
Willie Lowman

Only dealers and police can have what we call "post samples"

These are machine guns made after 1986.

The Glock 18 and any Glock converted with a after market switch fall into this category.
Old May 30, 2010, 08:39 AM   #37
Willie Lowman

LordOfWar, what is the process for obtaining a prohibited bore license?
Old May 30, 2010, 11:48 AM   #38
LordofWar

By the book, you'll have to write an application to the Ministry of Interior with a REASON of why should you own an automatic weapon. The Prime Minsiter of the country himself authorises the issue. Realistically someone who actually has the need to for such a weapon falls in the below mentioned category.

In practice either you have to have close connections with the politicians or would be willing to spent $1500-$2000 USD for the Prohibited Bore license. These licenses can be cancelled anytime (it happened during the 90s) and the weapon would have to be submitted to the government.

Every Senator or Member of the National Assembly gets a quota for a number of PB licenses that he can issue.
Old May 30, 2010, 12:56 PM   #39
Edward429451

It sounds to me like almost any country on Earth is freer than the the US.
Old May 30, 2010, 02:29 PM   #40
weapon247

+1 lord of war thats about it may I add further that a lot of people get their PB licenses in Pakistan by merely buying a license from a senator/mna/mp etc ...

but you need to be either filthy rich or well connected to get one.. thats why a lot of folks have these types of FA like FA glocks etc on NPB licenses!!
Old May 30, 2010, 03:28 PM   #41
SDC

"So it turns a Glock into an open bolt SMG?"

Not really; the way the FSSG and similar Glock conversions work is by adding an angled plate onto the front of the backplate, that engages the rear part of the trigger bar as the slide moves forward into battery. Just as the barrel raises back into battery (the locked position, where it's safe to fire a shot), that angled plate pushes the rear of the trigger bar down just far enough to let the striker slip off of the trigger bar, firing a shot.
Old May 30, 2010, 03:39 PM   #42
LordofWar

SDC: You just made music out of noise

Last edited by LordofWar; May 31, 2010 at 05:39 AM.
Old May 30, 2010, 05:08 PM   #43
weptec

where can i get the switch?

Well.... I didn't ask if its legal or not in the us... all I asked is if someone knows where can I buy this kit or switch? I don't care to provide a non us address for shipping.
Old May 31, 2010, 05:38 AM   #44
LordofWar

weptec: Since the conversion kit is illegal in the US hence it would be illegal to discuss the mechanism or buying/selling of the product from the very outset as TFL is an American forum.

Well you can buy it from Pakistan but I can't give you an exact focal point of contact.
Old May 31, 2010, 07:19 AM   #45
PTK

LordofWar

Conversation re: buying/selling illegal items isn't, in and of itself, illegal in the USA (yet). It is, however, against forum policies. The end result is the same.

That said, it is ABSOLUTELY not illegal to discuss the mechanism itself, and I have schematics for various forms of DIAS for G17/19/26 guns, varying in levels of sophistication, etc. Feel free to discuss the mechanism itself.
Old May 31, 2010, 03:12 PM   #46
weptec

Dear lordofwar

Your comment is sooo low... Afghanistan? How do you know that it's possible to get it there? Are you a Pakistani who moved to the US? Or you just trailed to be funny??......
So what if its illegal in the US.....? Whets the big issue about writing and asking about it?.....
I guess the us has been always legal... .Everything is kosher in the us... ohhhhh especially the use of nuclear weapon... opsssssss i forgot.. We cannot talk about illegal stuff here.
All I asked is if someone know where can I get info on the kit. If you... Mr. lord of war don't know so don't even write any remark on it.
Any way people..... My friend is from Australia and he is looking to get a kit like that. I will appreciate any info.
thx
Old June 2, 2010, 06:54 AM   #47
smenkhare

Quote:
My friend is from Australia and he is looking to get a kit like that
Highly illegal here so don't bother
Old June 2, 2010, 07:15 AM   #48
M4Sherman

Man if he is in oz he cant get the GLOCK ....unless GLOCK has started making BP pistols. and WEP I would not mention you intintions to turn you glock into an auto because there are a few ATF members on this board
Old June 2, 2010, 07:36 AM   #49
jmorris

Quote:
All I asked is if someone know where can I get info on the kit.

It took longer to read the 48 posts than it did to google it and find three different forms of the device.
Old June 2, 2010, 07:50 AM   #50
Skans

To answer the OP - the standard Glock 17 barrels will handle the full-auto fire just fine. There is no difference between a Glock 18 barrel and a Glock 17 barrel. You might consider putting a forward grip and a buttstock on it to make it more controlable, though.

I have no idea where you can get the parts to make the conversion. In the past, I've seen 80% kits and plans on how to make the add-on switch.

Since any device manufactured to convert a Glock 17 to full auto has to have been manufactured after 1986, it is impossible for anyone in the US who doesn't have a license to manufacture machineguns or to have dealer samples to own or use one of these devices. This is why folks here shy away from this discussion, if they think you might be here inside the US. If you were in the US, then your question is preceived as soliciting help and information from others to do something illegal. There are folks who jump on these boards from time to time trying to find out how to make illegal machineguns.

Also, and this is just my opinion, a Glock is a much more useful tool in semi-auto than in full-auto. There are other full-auto formats that are much better than Glock. Example - Mini UZI.

Last edited by Skans; June 2, 2010 at 08:02 AM.