The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Handguns: The Semi-automatic Forum

Old July 2, 2021, 09:46 AM   #1
veprdude

Rubber overmolded grip for Kahr P9 Suggestions

I used to carry a P9 wayyyy back and stopped after an altercation got me rethinking about capacity, accuracy etc. I carry a XDM-45 3.8 now but on occasion could use a slim pistol like the P9.

The P9 was always 100% reliable but I could not shoot it accurately because of the slim grip. I'm looking to revisit this by adding a grip sleeve/overmolded grip. I have medium sized hands and would like to get full purchase on the grip.

Looking at Pachmayr and Hogue. Any suggestions? Pictures help too!
Old July 2, 2021, 11:23 AM   #2
Jack19

I've used both successfully, but it's all about how it feels to you. Depending on the gun, grip sleeves can feel too blocky to me.

I've also used Talon Grips, which I highly recommend. Just enough increase in size, and better grip texture, to make a big difference. I strongly prefer the rubber over the granulate which can be hard on shirts.

https://talongungrips.com/gun-grips/...9-cw40-p9-p40/

Last edited by Jack19; July 2, 2021 at 01:13 PM.
Old July 3, 2021, 04:04 PM   #3
JohnKSa
Staff

I think I would choose Talon Grips over a slip on.
Old July 3, 2021, 06:10 PM   #4
unclenunzie

I've never had good results with sleeves, they seem to want to twist. Talon grips for sure. I like the rubber rather than the granulate type.
Old July 3, 2021, 07:18 PM   #5
Carl the Floor Walker

I have two CM's. I like the granulated. Really provides a solid grip. Actually, I do not buy the full grip, but will just buy sheets and place were I want them. And can get more life and use the materal for other things as well.
That said, they now make a new product that is a cross from the Granulated and the rubber. Personally I would forget the Over molded Grip sleeve. I like the thin design of the gun just the way it is.
Old July 3, 2021, 09:24 PM   #6
lee n. field

Quote:
Originally Posted by unclenunzie View Post
I've never had good results with sleeves, they seem to want to twist. Talon grips for sure. I like the rubber rather than the granulate type.
They have a "Pro" texture now. Sounds like it's intermediate between rubber and granulate.

I may try that one, next time I put one on something.

von die FAQ:

Quote:
PRO: The PRO texture combines the best characteristics of the granulate and rubber textures. This texture is comfortable enough for most people when carried against the skin in concealed carry applications and provides a strong enough grip for competition use. This texture performs very well in wet and dry applications.
"As was the man of dust, so also are those who are of the dust, and as is the man of heaven, so also are those who are of heaven. Just as we have borne the image of the man of dust, we shall also bear the image of the man of heaven. "