The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Handguns: The Semi-automatic Forum

Old July 1, 2021, 12:39 PM   #1
ammo.crafter

Back Up

Anyone have experience with this 380acp mini auto AMT?

Mine functions perfectly with Winchester FMJ flat point rounds. Others tend to stove pipe occasionally.
Old July 1, 2021, 01:07 PM   #2
geologist

Mine has been reliable feed/extraction with ball ammo. The only HPs I could find were PRVIs and they had failure to feed occassionally.

I have four mags for it. Three are fine, one black plastic mag with a finger rest is unreliable and I use it for snap caps only.

I lube the rails with Ed's Red N Tacky grease.

Old July 1, 2021, 03:22 PM   #3
JMag1

I had the single action AMT .380 for years and never had any functionality issues.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
Old July 30, 2021, 11:29 PM   #4
HisSoldier

Funny, at the time they didn't seem heavy, after so many years of plastic guns mine feels like it's made of lead.
Not a bad gun though, and will be long after the plastic guns have puddled down.
CNC produced 416 stainless triggers to replace the plastic triggers on Colt Mustangs, Mustang Plus II's, MK IV Government .380's and Sig P238's and P938's. Plus Colt Mustang hardened 416 guide rods, and Llama .32 and .380 recoil spring buttons, checkered nicely and blued.