The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Handguns: The Semi-automatic Forum

Old November 20, 2017, 08:37 PM   #1
Roland Thunder

Sig 320 procedure

What are the steps I need to follow to send my 320 in for the warranty work regarding the discharge when the gun is dropped.
Old November 20, 2017, 08:43 PM   #2
IMightBeWrong

Do a basic internet search for “SIG Voluntary Upgrade” and there’s a site to enter your email and serial number. There is a waiting list so after that you’ll have to wait for SIG to give you further instructions. They do make it very simple, being patient is the hard part!
Old November 20, 2017, 08:51 PM   #3
TunnelRat

https://www.sigsauer.com/support/p32...ntary-upgrade/
Maintain situational awareness
Old November 21, 2017, 09:14 AM   #4
pblanc

You may wait at least several weeks before you hear from SIG. You will not receive an immediate email confirmation that your pistol is registered.

I registered two P320s back on the morning of the first day the upgrade site was open back in the second week of August. It was about a month before I heard back from SIG.

For each pistol, I received two emails from SIG (on the same day). One had instructions for packing and shipping and the other a printable shipping label for Fed Ex. Make sure you keep the tracking number from the Fed Ex label so you can confirm that SIG has received your pistol and when. SIG will not notify you with a confirmation of receipt. They will send you an email when the work is completed and your pistol has been shipped (by Fed Ex) with a tracking number.

Basically, remove any aftermarket parts. If you have aftermarket sights you might want to remove them since I know of one individual who had their entire slide replaced (milling gone bad?). If you have additional slides from caliber X-change kits, send them as they will need to be modified. Do not send magazines, lights, or other accessories. When you receive the shipping label there will also be a printable page with your name, address, pistol serial number, and RMA number. Put that in the box with the pistol. Double box the pistol and affix the shipping label to the outer box. SIG says that you need to drop the pistol off at a Fed Ex hub as third parties that ship Fed Ex will not receive firearms, but I know of some folks who went to such places and simply handed the clerk a box.

When your pistol is shipped back, an adult signature will be required at delivery. Turn-around times have varied considerably even for the same model of pistol. Some have enjoyed very rapid turn-around times of 10 days and less. It was just over three and a half weeks for my first pistol and I know of some folks that have had pistols received by SIG over a month ago and are still waiting. If you send your pistol in and call SIG customer support, they will only be able to confirm that your pistol has been received and is awaiting modification. They will not be able to tell you when it will be worked on and returned. The process is definitely not first in, first out.
Old November 29, 2017, 07:37 AM   #5
Fox84

Thanks pblanc