The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Hide > The Art of the Rifle: General

Closed Thread

Old February 23, 2012, 09:05 AM   #26
tahunua001

that show is complete BS. the guy that "owns" redjacket knows about as much about ARs(a major part of their inventory) as I do and I've only been a gun guy for about 3 years, for a man whos been in business for decades, that does not impress me. he doesn't "invent" anything and just about anything he does has been done several times before and still cant get it right a lot of times. he has no FFL, it was revoked when several of his guns could not be located during an ATF inspection. he had to continue running the shop under an FFL carried by one of his employees who left during the last season so I dont even know how he could be legally in business.

the biggest thing for me is all the hollywood bucksnot that they feed the pulic like the Navy Riverine squadron that ordered a bunch of watercooled AR15s mounted to their boats...apparently those are better than the miniguns they already had. and the whole thing about him going to washington to negotiate bids for military contracts for some of his AR15s...the military already has companies such as colt and FN Herstal who have already proven that they can handle the workload without the defense department having to resort to micro-manufactured ARs.

the guy treats his employees like crap and I really cant see one of his employees really trying to date the bosses daughter and still deal with all the BS that he;s subjected to on a daily basis, it's hollywood drama, pure and simple
Old February 23, 2012, 10:11 AM   #27
Indi

^ +1
Old February 23, 2012, 11:23 AM   #28
chadio

Like the show, but don't like the way Will treats Vince (like crap.)

Rather than S.O.G, you could watch some modern day $**T - com with canned laughter.
Old February 23, 2012, 11:43 AM   #29
Coyote_Buster700

Quote:
more CCW classes at $180 a pop...DUH!!
Damn, ours are just $75.

Quote:
"I don’t do the Weaver Stance because I figure by the time I’ve stanced I’ll done be Weavered." - ClayInTx
Old February 23, 2012, 11:50 AM   #30
pgdion

Quote:
I wonder if they will be back next season? Anyone know?
Yep, discovery announced new season premiere ... starting end of this month I think.

I like some stuff on Gunsmoke but they're a little to showy and the guy is always trying to low ball everyone. I guess it's educational on how some shops work and good info if you go into deal. I don't like having to deal myself. Just put a fair price on what you're selling and I'll do business with you. When he was buying a gun from that one guy and he dropped the 10oz silver ingot on the money and said 10 seconds to pick it up .... I would have picked up my gun and left. No way i would ever deal with someone like that. btw - that 10oz of silver was only worth about 200 bucks, way less than the seller thought I'm sure and the Gunsmoke guy knew it. Kind of snakey IMO. Why else would you walk around with a hunk of silver in your pocket.

Oh yea, and the pink gun. Come on, girls like pink, get over it.

American Guns is OK, but I still like Will and Steph.

Last edited by pgdion; February 23, 2012 at 12:00 PM.
Old February 23, 2012, 12:02 PM   #31
kraigwy

A rant about Gunsmoke:

Any moron that lets his daughter dress the way she does on national TV needs his butt kicked.

Not to mention pimping (the way he had her dressed) her the way he did when the bikers came to town.

I did like some of the kid's engraving, I contacted them about engraving (a lion attacking a cape buffalo) on the floor plate on my Model 70 375 H&H. The response I got was to send the rifle and they would give me a quote.

I don't want the rifle engraved, I don't need to send it to engrave the floor plate.

Why do they need either for a quote, if they don't know what a Model 70 floor plate looks like, I'm not sure I want them touching my guns.

But they insisted on me sending the rifle................screw that.
Distinguished Rifle Badge 1071
Old February 23, 2012, 12:08 PM   #32
TeamKLR2bar

I sounds fishy, like a tactic some back woods auto mechanic would use. I have spoken my mind in the near past about all of these stupid sm shows that are scripted, I believe it was about Gallery of Guns. Michael Bayne chimed in and defended them a little bit but i think everyone agrees that if they would not script these shows and let the guys just talk their minds to the camera and make us really believe they know their stuff.

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk
Old February 23, 2012, 12:28 PM   #33
Coyote_Buster700

I did see a gun show that looked pretty cool, that was going to come out on showtime. It looked pretty legit, it was on the special features disk of a Dexter box set.

Quote:
"I don’t do the Weaver Stance because I figure by the time I’ve stanced I’ll done be Weavered." - ClayInTx
Old February 23, 2012, 08:42 PM   #34
Art Eatman
Staff in Memoriam

Enough about TV for now...
Closed Thread