The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Handguns: The Semi-automatic Forum

Old November 17, 2017, 09:45 AM   #51
WVsig

Quote:
Originally Posted by jreXD9 View Post
4 CZ's in my history and I still have the PCR and Rami. DA is a little stiff in both, but they still shoot where I point 'em. SA is no problem at all with either. Alas, I don't carry either much because if the SHTF I don't want my CZ confiscated by the po-po. The Mod 2 9mm or .45 get the carry duties. After running through approx 35 handguns in 10 years I've settled on the 4 mentioned for daily carry. Pocket carry goes to the Kahr CM9 or Keltec P3AT.
Swap the springs. Call CGW and they will get you what you need to get that DA pull where you want it to be. I think they are better than Wolff for CZ springs.
Old November 17, 2017, 10:51 AM   #52
jreXD9

I did that for the Rami. Had to go with the heavier spring of the 2 they sent. The lighter spring wouldn't light primers on some ammo. The DA went to approx 4-5 lbs and the SA went to about 3. They're up to about 7.5 and 5 now with the heavier spring. I think they recommended only Federal and Winchester with the light spring. Most of my stuff is Fiocchi and Sellior & Bellot.
Old November 17, 2017, 01:19 PM   #53
WVsig

Quote:
Originally Posted by jreXD9 View Post
I did that for the Rami. Had to go with the heavier spring of the 2 they sent. The lighter spring wouldn't light primers on some ammo. The DA went to approx 4-5 lbs and the SA went to about 3. They're up to about 7.5 and 5 now with the heavier spring. I think they recommended only Federal and Winchester with the light spring. Most of my stuff is Fiocchi and Sellior & Bellot.
Federal primers are pretty good for light sprung pistols. Winchester is the best. I find S&B to be lit off by everything I shoot. I have been reloading exclusively with their primers for about 18 months.

CCI and Tula are the worst.
Old November 17, 2017, 02:35 PM   #54
jetinteriorguy

Yup, S&B primers are soft like Federals. I use them in my revolvers because I’m running light springs for a super sweet DA and SA trigger and total reliability. No misfires in over 5000 rounds, whereas CCI’s I’d get one or two in 50 rounds.