The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Handguns: The Semi-automatic Forum

Old November 7, 2017, 01:15 PM   #26
Brownstone322

$429.99 ten years ago sounds really good to me (not that it's so relevant now).

This past summer I bought a new-in-box M9 for $500 even ($552 out the door after shipping, transfer and background check). And that was a competitive deal.

I wouldn't want to tote that thing around, but, man, that thing is easy/fun to shoot.
Old November 8, 2017, 02:52 PM   #27
Model12Win

Yep, terrible carry or duty guns simply due to the extreme weight and bulk. A Glock or other poly pistol beats them on the hip, but at the range, maybe the opposite.
Old November 9, 2017, 11:14 AM   #28
FairWarning

The 92FS is an all time classic, and one of the most inherently easy combat pistols to shoot accurately in my experience. And at this time, it must be the best deal around!

It doesn't have as many YouTube Ninja Cool points as it used to, but that has no effect on my ability to nail bullseyes with it. It isn't an ideal year round carry piece, but can work well in cool weather and I'd feel very good having it in a fire fight with flush fit 18 rd mags. A Jackass shoulder rig conceals easily under an overshirt or light jacket and gives you 3 x 18 rds. And it's still DROP DEAD sexy in my book!
Old November 15, 2017, 11:04 PM   #29
redlevel42

I haven't owned a 9mm for 35 years. I believe my last one was a S&W 39-2.
My brother and I just bought a bunch of ammo from a widow, including about 5K
rounds of 9 mm. I put one of the cute little SCCY pistols on layaway for less than
$200 OTD with my employee discount, and ordered one of the 92FS guns from Palmetto at $449.