The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Hide > The Art of the Rifle: General

Closed Thread

Old December 21, 2008, 07:59 PM   #26
Death from Afar

44AMP- I have always been interested in the hornet, but have heard that they can be very finicky to reload due to limited case capacity ( i.e small errors in powder between throws can make a big difference) , and the stubby hornet bullets are a pain to get into the case, and get a decent stabilisation in the barel- or is this just errornet talk?
Old December 21, 2008, 09:35 PM   #27
ddhartzell

I think I am gonna just spend some time with my brother in laws .204 ruger and see how I like it. just looking at the numbers, I like the .204 with it's almost nothing drop out to 200. nothing against the .223 but I just feel if I get a .223 i GOTTA get a AR cause I need one (the need justification is not working with the wife ) and then I am back at spending $1500.

The more I research and read I am getting very curious about the Howa's. Either the Axiom or the Ranchland security M1500. I like the 20 in barrel for ease of moving around (in/out truck)
Old January 26, 2018, 06:28 PM   #28
Ballenxj

Old thread, I know, but just found this an interesting subject. Don't have a Hornet, so cannot really say, but I do have a .22 magnum, and with the new loading's coming out, I think I'll stick with it.
Oh, mine's a Winchester 9422m, not scoped, but that may be another subject.
Closed Thread