The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Handloading, Reloading, and Bullet Casting

Old February 2, 2011, 04:38 PM   #1
Sid

Lee Microdisk Problem

I generally use the Lee Adjustable Charge Bar to load powder into pistol cases. However, today I started to fool around with the Microdisk for the first time. I set it up exactly as shown in the directions but could not get it to work. None of the powder fell into the case. It just accumulated between the bottom of the powder hopper and the top of the disc. I would appreciate any help with this. TIA
Old February 2, 2011, 05:24 PM   #2
Doodlebugger45

I'll admit I don't have the microdisk. But I'm guessing it's like the regular disks but with smaller holes? If so, are you sure the little slot on the bottom of the disk is matching up with the little tab on the base of the powder measure? When I first tried to use one of the disks that was the problem I had.
Old February 2, 2011, 11:18 PM   #3
Jim243

The micro charge bar is for use with the Lee Auto Disk or Pro Auto Disk powder measure. Also are you using the pistol through die for your caliber?

If the answer is yes, then you do not have your die down enough to activate the spring and disk mover on your powder measure. Turn you die down until it moves the micro charge bar is over the opening that drops the powder into your case.

Jim