The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Gear and Accessories

Old October 14, 2009, 02:33 AM   #1
ava8harrierusmc1

Millett Designated Marksmen Scope and Anti-Reflection device

I have a Millett DMS-1 Scope on my Stag 6.8 AR-15 rifle and I'm looking for a Anti-Reflection Device for my scope does anyone know of a company that my sell one the will fit the front of the scope. The Millett Company says I should use one if the rifle is used in a combat setting, so I say why not have one just in case since the scope is a illumination type scope. Any input would be helpful. Also the body of the Scope is 30mm and the front of the tube is a straight tube so i guess I would need one that would fit a 30mm tube. Thank you for your assistance with this problem.:
SEMPER FI
ALWAYS FAITHFUL
Old October 14, 2009, 06:07 AM   #2
rjrivero

I can't help you with the reflection device, but I am curious how you like the Millet Scope. I've been eyeing these for a while now.
Old October 14, 2009, 06:48 AM   #3
kons

http://camouflage.com/ards-vars.php;

Last edited by kons; October 14, 2009 at 06:58 AM.
Old October 14, 2009, 10:56 AM   #4
sholling

I've been looking for one for my very similar Burris XTR. No luck so far. What Millet is talking about is the fact that the lighted reticle (and dots in red dot sights) are visible from the front. Not only that but on some scopes the LED that illuminates the reticle shows up like a road flare from some angles. In the case of my Burris the lighted donut isn't super visible if you don't go crazy with brightness and only near from where you're aiming, but from 11 o'clock high that Burris' LED is a road flare. I'm thinking that a 1" sunshade might help.

On the other hand my guess is that if you were up against somebody with light amplification gear that the donut might show up pretty bright. That's a guess.

kons that link is dead but I made this work. http://camouflage.com

Last edited by sholling; October 14, 2009 at 11:03 AM.
Old October 18, 2009, 11:28 PM   #5
Dr. Strangelove

Here's a start:

http://www.opticsplanet.net/leupold-...n-devices.html

I would think if you contact Millet they could tell you if this product will work on your scope, or maybe Leupold.

Edit: This appears to be a link to the same product as sholling linked.

Last edited by Dr. Strangelove; October 18, 2009 at 11:36 PM.