Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Hide > NFA Guns and Gear

Old April 5, 2008, 10:15 AM   #1
RandyStacyE

XCR Light 5.56 Semi-Auto Rifle

XCR Light 5.56 Semi-Auto Rifle

Video with suppressor: http://www.robarm.com/XCR%20Supp%202%20fin.mpg

Here's a pic with a longer barrel:

Here's a pic with the short 12" barrel:

I’m thinking about getting one of these right now, but I’ve never heard of them. If I get one, I was going to get the 12” short barrel version.

I would prefer to buy an SP89 (semi-automatic HK MP5) but that’s a bit too pricy right now. My father just purchased a full auto MP5 and I was INSTANTLY hooked! Anyways … this weapon appears to be similarly compact, MUCH more powerful, more in my price range, and compatible with my AR-15 mags. Since I’ll have to wait for the weapon anyways … I might as well go for a suppressor too

I was hoping someone here may have some experience with this weapon or some knowledge to share.
Old April 5, 2008, 05:30 PM   #2
RandyStacyE

I ran a couple searches and found some mixed opinions on the XCR. Since no one has ANY of them in stock within the north half of my state ... I would have to go on blind faith.

I sure would love to shoot one first ... or hold one at the very least
Old April 5, 2008, 06:32 PM   #3
Wildalaska

I've sold about 14 of them over the past few months and have nothing but glowing reports...

WildbigandheavyAlaska ™
Old April 21, 2008, 12:51 AM   #4
ronl

I have one and it is an excellent weapon in every respect. I bought it because I was tired of cleaning AR-15's. Nothing to say but good things about it. You won't be sorry you bought it.
Old April 21, 2008, 08:55 AM   #5
RandyStacyE

I gave a check to my dealer today. I'm getting a XCR 12" heavy barrel in 5.56

It will be a while before I recieve the weapon because of all the paper work and red tape, but I WILL be posting plenty of pics and videos when I get it.

For weeks now I've been reading this forum www.xcrforum.com

Tons of info there. I've read excellent reports and some that are not so excellent. Most all negative reports are taken care of. Robonson Arms appears to take care of their customers very well.

Evidently the forum I listed is NOT an Robinson Arms site, but some Robinson employees/reps are on there all the time and are very helpful.

Can't wait to get it.
Old April 21, 2008, 11:40 AM   #6
mettle

I have had mine for 2 months now. I just put it through a Appleseed and can only say good things about it. It loves everything I feed it, makes me shoot well b/c of the ergonomics and another good point... I removed the barrel for cleaning end of first day of two days put it back together and was shooting where I had been hitting before. Amazing.

The only thing I can think of that I have actually wanted to change is the sling mounting location on the folding stock. I have a two point vickers, and instead of mounting or trying to mount bottom or middle of the folding stock I used a loop lock for mountain climbing (small one that would hold the 1.25" sling) by sliding it through and screwing it closed around the rear top mount point. I then was able to mount the sling right there (run it through) and ran the entire Appleseed weekend (just got home last night) with it not giving me any trouble.

While I ussually shoot .30, I really liked being inducted into the AR world with something that shot, felt and recoiled like a gas and piston gun. I have to say though, that I will be picking up the M4 adapter and going with a CTR for better cheekweld. While running the Army Quals at the Appleseed I had trouble with cheekweld and very fast acqisuition. I did score a 190 at one run though. Needed 210 to make grade... next time!! What a program, what a gun.

Now I am past the 300 round break in and plan on turning the rifle down a bit for reloads. I should not kick any more than a SKS now...

You will not regret getting into the future of what rifles are heading to. I paid $1500+ tax and got a complete rifle. Flip ups, folding stock and light barrel. Don't waste your money on the the heavy barrel. The lights are mil spec M16s, the heavies only add weight.

Best regards!
Old January 22, 2009, 06:52 PM   #7
COREB

New to XCR

Just found this web site and forum. I ordered two of these yesterday from my dealer and hope to have them in about 6 weeks. I order the 5.56, standard issue with 16" barrel.
Old January 22, 2009, 07:51 PM   #8
tacweapon

Congrats on your new purchase you will love it

Heres mine

I have since changed some of the things on my rifle, I am now using an EoTech 512, using a MI Sling Mount, and a different vertical foregrip farther back toward the magazine well

For more info on the XCR you should check out www.xcrforum.com

People Sleep Peaceably In Their Beds At Night only Because Rough Men Stand Ready To Do Violence On Their Behalf