The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Gear and Accessories

Old August 24, 2006, 06:17 PM   #1
Maveri9720

Carry Options for Athletic Attire

Hey all. I am waiting on my CCW permit to come in and in the mean time I have been carrying around my house in my IWB CTAC holster. I have a G19. It's great when I am wearing pants/shorts and a belt.

My question is: Is there any good holster for either inner or outer waist band carry that I could wear with athletic shorts or workout pants? Maybe a paddle of some type?

I know about the Smartcarry and other similar waistband types and I am not interested in those. I was just wondering if anyone has had any success with a holster in athletic gear.

I ask this, b/c most of the time I'm around the house, I am in either shorts or workout pants, b/c they are comfy. Also, if I am doing housework or work in the garage, I put on crappy clothes that usually don't have belt loops in them, but it would be nice to carry also. Especially, since I tend to make trips to Auto stores or Home Depot stores in these clothes.

I am not really expecting anything, seeing as how the waistband isn't strong enough to hold a gun properly, but I wanted to see if maybe I missed something and to see what other people in similar situations have done.

It's not polite to call people name's, you idiot!
Old August 24, 2006, 08:26 PM   #2
ceetee

You're probably going to want to go with something like this:

from K G Products. It has a strap for your shoulder and one that's detachable to go around your waist. It's meant for climbers, mountain bikers, etc.

Or this:

from Maxpedition. It's supposed to be much more rugged. I have no firsthand experience with either one.
Old September 15, 2006, 01:18 PM   #3
arizona hunter

Sometimes when I hike or run in town, I just put my gun in a fanny pack. The pack fits nicely into the small of the back, no one knows there is a gun inside and you can still quickly pull the pack around to the front and open the pouch to draw if needed.

Best palce for a pack like I've described is a store that is dedicated to runners, they will have several to choose from.
Old September 19, 2006, 09:47 PM   #4
propellerhead in TX

Buy a Belly Band that's two sizes larger then wear it loose.