The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Conference Center > General Discussion Forum

Old August 25, 2013, 06:17 PM   #1
baddarryl

Just had a blast shooting today...

After getting rid of the kids and finding a morning to myself I managed to hit the range this morning. I had some work to do. Shoot some clays to prep for dove season with a new gun. Sight in 3 rifles for Appleseed and maybe my deer rifle. Well I got there and the rifle range was closed for maintenance so I hit the skeet range and didn't shoot that well for some reason. Left for lunch as the 'it'll be open in 30 minutes' turned into over an hour. Came back and put Tech Sights on a new Marlin 795 and sighted it in. Found I didn't like the trigger much, but was still impressed with one ragged hole. Then I sighted in my Marlin 981T bolt action as a back up to use with CCI standard velocity if I have to. Those Tech Sights had me as accurate at 25 yards as the scoped 981T. Impressive. Then a guy let me shoot his 1941 M1 Garand which was way cool. Then finished off by running a few rounds through the AR......... all under a cool for August Carolina sky. No time for the deer rifle.

This is what shooting is all about for me. Getting away for a few hours and having that buzzed feeling from doing some cool stuff, and accomplishing a few things. Just wanted to share.

Last edited by baddarryl; August 25, 2013 at 06:24 PM.
Old August 25, 2013, 07:17 PM   #2
shortwave

Sounds like you had a great day. Much envy.

I spent the day cutting/splitting wood.
Bout seven more chord and yours truly will be set for winter.
Old August 25, 2013, 07:41 PM   #3
Gster

Sounds like you did have a good time. I got out to my range today and fired a few hundred rnds. through my 1911 and SR9c. It was a beautiful day for shooting for sure.