The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The North Corral > Black Powder and Cowboy Action Shooting

Old March 10, 2013, 06:16 PM   #1
MuddyWaters

Cimarron Frontier Six Shooter Q's

Greetings All -

I've been wanting a single action for some time now, and am thinking of buying one of Cimarron's Frontier Six Shooter pistols. I'm new to this game and before I spend the money, I was hoping you guys could help me out with a few questions before I go for it...

1. Does anyone have any experience with these guns? If so, what are your thoughts?

2. Is this gun based off the Model P or is the name "Frontier Six Shooter" associated with any pistol that has their "US Finish?" I can't seem to find a specific page of the website for the Frontier Six Shooters. It seems the only place it's mentioned is on the custom finishes page, where it mentions the US Finish and has "Frontier Six Shooter" in parentheses. However, it is listed seperately in the catalog: http://www.cimarron-firearms.com/med...WebCatalog.pdf.

3. Cimarron says that guns with the US Finish are refinished and reassembled in the US. Does anyone know who does it? The finish looks great in the catalog and online, does the real thing look that good? (I saw somewhere that Turnbull does it, I hope so, but not sure if that was right)

4. Finally, if the gun is based off a certain model, what barrel markings are there?

5. Anything else I should know???

Thanks for the help everyone, I greatly appreciate it!
Old March 10, 2013, 11:03 PM   #2
44 Dave

I also have a single action Colt clone on my wish list, and have wondered what the difference between Cimarron's Frontier and Model P is besides the grip medallion and the slight price difference. I think they are made for them by Ubirti.
Old March 11, 2013, 01:06 PM   #3
Roshi

Cimarron Frontier

The Frontier is an SAA clone made by Pietta while their Model P is Uberti. The Frontier comes with a lightened mainspring and a coil hand spring. I have two. The fit is excellent. The finish is typical modern dark blue and the case colors are typical Italian clone. Well worth the price. If you buy through Davidson's on line you get their life time warranty.

Tags
cimarron , saa , single action