The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Handloading, Reloading, and Bullet Casting

Old December 26, 2007, 10:54 PM   #1
ConRich

WANTED Mold for 125gr HBWC for .38 Special

I have been looking for a mold to cast 125gr hollow base wad cutter bullets for my .38 special. I have been told that Lee made them and that their
part # for that mold was TL 125-356 but I have been unable to find that mold on the Lee web site or in any of my catalogs. Apparently they have been discontinued along with all the other GOOD OL STUFF that we can't get any more. If any of you have one for sale, or know where I can get one I would appreciate the info.

TIA,
Rich
Old December 27, 2007, 01:03 AM   #2
Sport45

I'm afraid I can't help you with finding one, but have a question. That seems like it would be a pretty light bullet for a HB. Wouldn't there be problems with blowing the end out and leaving a lead ring in the barrel? I know I've heard of this with the 148's when loaded too hot. I'd think it would be worse with a 125. Maybe that's why they were discontinued.
Old December 27, 2007, 10:34 AM   #3
ConRich

Sport45

You might have a good point there. I think that I will call Lee and ask them about it. I have been using jacketed bullets and some 158gr cast RN bullets in my .38 and .357 . I just joined a club with a nice 50' indoor range and we must use lead bullets, I was told that I should look for the lightest bullet that I could find and one guy suggested the 125gr HBWC. I'll call Lee, then post what they had to say about the potential problem that you mentioned.

Thanks for the heads up,
Rich