The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Forum Support > Site Questions and Tech Support (NO FIREARMS QUESTIONS)

Old May 8, 2008, 01:19 PM   #1
jfrey123

State sub-forums?

Any thoughts for running sub-forums for each state? Something similar to Glocktalk's site. I've tried using the one there, but know that this board offers so much more (number and quality of members) that I'd like to be able to locate locals on here.

Local forums can be used to coordinate group shoots, discuss local gun rights in depth, discuss local shops and etc.

If moderation is a hurdle, I suggest a local member for each state be allowed to apply for Mod rights to the threads. Using this idea, TFL board would only have to open a forum for states that are willing to have someone look after them.

I submit my idea humbly and respectfully.
Old May 8, 2008, 01:59 PM   #2
Wildalaska

I think, if it wouldnt be a technical burden, that that is an excellent idea priovided that the subforums are limited to state specific issues, and the mods would have to move general stuff....

WildinominatespifftomodthealaskaforumAlaska ™
Old May 13, 2008, 12:33 PM   #3
jfrey123

Old May 18, 2008, 09:30 AM   #4
rampage841512

Quote:
I think, if it wouldnt be a technical burden, that that is an excellent idea priovided that the subforums are limited to state specific issues, and the mods would have to move general stuff....
I agree. This would be nice.
Old May 18, 2008, 09:33 AM   #5
copenhagen

I would like it as well.
Old May 21, 2008, 11:13 AM   #6
UniversalFrost

yeah it is a nice idea, but would create an undue burden on the mods.

Most states already have several shooting or gun related forums. All you have to do is google them or many of the folks here will let you know.

I personally make a point of sending people in AZ over to the arizonashooting forum and other hunting/out forums that are AZ specific.

For now, just google your states shooting forums or post a thread with a specific state in the title.

"Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati" (when all else fails play dead) -Red Green

Old May 21, 2008, 01:13 PM   #7
PT111

Not really a bad idea but what you run into is that like a certian forum I visit 95% of all the posts are from two states. Their "problems" or posts dominate the entire forum and others wind up being left out. You post a question and immediately several people start giving you how they do it in those states.

It will create work for the mods and since I just always click new posts to scroll it doesn't matter. I already have a big enough problem deciding which sub-forum to without adding 50 more.