The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Conference Center > General Discussion Forum

Old July 11, 2018, 08:20 AM   #1
Joe-ker

Midway running special on NRA life membership

$600 instead of $900 until August. Always done the year to year- figured it's more to donate but it has me thinking.

But I hear you still get subscription letters
Old July 11, 2018, 11:31 AM   #2
Bartholomew Roberts

All have to do to avoid subscription letters as an annual or lifetime member is ask them to put you on the no junk mail list. I haven’t received anything but an American Rifleman in years.
Old July 11, 2018, 01:08 PM   #3
M88

It's not necessarily Midway or anybody selling firearm related products... it's an NRA promotion good till Aug 1, 2018. They also have something called Easy-Pay life membership... if you don't want to plunk down $600 in one pop for that life membership, they will charge your credit card $25/month for 2 years. That's much easier for some folks. Call the NRA (855-672-2018) and if you're already a member they will update you to Life member that way at $25/month if you can't do the $600 in one pop. Dues are going up to $45 this fall from $40. The $25/month deal for Life memebership basically means that if you plan on being an NRA member for at least 13 more years it's a better deal to do the $600 Life membership. AND... that's assuming the dues won't increase again in the next 13 years... as they probably will at some point along with everything else (but your paycheck) these days. The bottom line... if you ever were thinking of Lifetime membership, this is a great opportunity. That said, they will probably do something like this again in the future.