The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Hide > The Hunt

Old February 22, 2017, 04:16 PM   #26
Erno86

I use a combination 5, 6 and 7 Hevi-Shot round, 3 inch magnum 12 gauge shot load, with a screw-in full Turkey choke, that will accept Hevi-Shot. Modified might be alright if your trying to flush a turkey --- But I'd stick with a full choke or better.

Even though a turkey shot with 8 pellets in the head an neck area, does not necessarily kill them right-off. He might be brain dead or just knocked-out.

Sometimes, I'll WALK quickly up to my dead-looking fallen turkey, that I've just shot, after I put my gun safety and blaze orange cap on --- Then I place one of my 17 inch high snake boots on his neck area, and that darn turkey will seemingly come to life: flapping his wings an trying to rake me with his spurs. It would be a bad idea at this time to grab his legs.

--- George Orwell

Last edited by Erno86; February 22, 2017 at 04:29 PM.