The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Conference Center > General Discussion Forum

Old July 13, 2012, 07:21 PM   #1226
NCPD_Radabaugh

Hey all. Im a newbie to the site from Charleston SC . I am a police officer for North Charleston and looking for shooting tips and advice as I am looking to join the SWAT team. Thanks for all the help.
Old July 15, 2012, 07:14 AM   #1227
40XB

New member from Wisconsin

New member here.

Been shooting since I got a 410 for my 8th birthday. A 22 at age 12, an old Marlin bolt action with which I qualified for NRA Distinguished Rifleman at age 16.

I got a Remington 41XB in 6MM back in 1969 or so, and it's one of my favorite guns. I shoot rifles, pistols, and shotguns.

I like to shoot and hunt but don't get enough time to do it.

I reload my own ammo, have for a very long time, maybe 1969 or so. I have a small caliber range in my basement.

I hope to learn from others on the board, and maybe even contribute something if I can.
Old July 18, 2012, 06:53 PM   #1228
woodye85741

interstate handgun transporter

Bought model 27 for job in CO.Went to AZ.Went to WA.Went back to OR.I still have AZ dl. Dont have DROS ,got nuthin. Am I a ghost ?
Old July 18, 2012, 09:11 PM   #1229
scrubcedar

Just saw this thread for the first time even though I've been posting a while. Spent a fair amount of time with handguns as a kid, getting back into shooting now. I spent twenty years in nursing some in ER's and some on the other end of trauma nursing, spinal cord and brain injury rehab. Got a job as a bank rep for a sub prime lending company as my second career and have had to start to concealed carry because of the dealerships I service and where they are. Think grouchy old night nurse who got too grouchy and got out
Old July 20, 2012, 06:47 PM   #1230
GAcountryboy389

Howdy everyone!

Lets see, I'm 15, 5'8", 210 lbs, almost straight A's, I'm a God fearing Baptist, and very country. I like to hunt, fish, mud bog, go off road on anything with a few wheels and an engine, cook, and of course, shoot! I lift weights, play rec baseball. I have been shooting since i was 5 when my dad gave me a 10/22, and now shoot anything i can get my hands on to. I have gotten into reloading with my uncle over the past 4 months, and i have decided to become a gunsmith (which i posted a thread earlier, so if y'all can help me out, I would appreciate it greatly). That's just a little about me, and I hope to learn alot and maybe help some folks out on this forum while i'm here!
Old July 22, 2012, 12:07 PM   #1231
CamTheWookie

Greetings TFL community. I've been lurking for a while but may become more active on the board here going forward. I'm a novice in respect to firearms knowledge and training but am working to improve both. I've shot a few hand guns and long guns and am always looking for an opportunity to put a few rounds down-range. I'm a soon-to-be first-time gun owner with a strong belief in our Constitutional rights, certainly including the 2nd Amendment. I might be interested in getting into 3-gun or tactical-type competitive shooting in the future.

I'd like to also say that the maturity, helpfulness, and general camaraderie of this community is excellent. I feel like I've learned a lot from lurking and reading and hope that I'll be able to make contributions of my own soon.

Cheers!
Old July 22, 2012, 09:50 PM   #1232
NavyIT85

Hi everyone

I have read the forums here for a long time, just finally decided to start posting. I had to start a blog for a class I am in. I chose the topic of Firearm safety for children, and figured this would be a great place to get input and maybe help people who want information themselves. I would love to give something back to The Firing Line, for all of the information I have gathered here!
Old July 23, 2012, 10:04 AM   #1233
Daylightdon

Hi, I'm Don. I'm 70, I live in Sacramento CA.
Getting back into guns after a lapse of some years.
Just purchased a Remington 870 for home defense. There have been a lot of home invasion types lately.

Own a few pistols and am restoring my father-in-laws old Remington 22 rifle.
Am going to join the NRA again.

This seems like a nice forum..................
Old July 23, 2012, 04:50 PM   #1234
wutitiz

wutitiz here. NRA patron life member. republitarian, atheist, blue collar worker, and avid runner--everything from 5K to the marathon (26.2 miles). Live in the Seattle, WA area.

I have been using this handle since at least 2007 on a site called 'blatherwatch.com' I conceived it and did not copy it from anybody, although it subsequently was used by others, whether copied or conceived independently, I don't know.

The inspiration for me came from a Chicago shock jock in the 1980s named Steve Dahl. He had a crazy show where he did a bunch of different voices to supply commentary from various 'characters.' One of his characters was a guy (can't recall the name) who greeted everyone with the words "what it is."
Old July 23, 2012, 07:36 PM   #1235
Milsurp70

I'm steve. 42 y/o from Florida. Firefighter/Paramedic

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old July 24, 2012, 11:21 PM   #1236
achilles00775

Oh, hi guys!

Not exactly a new member, as i believe I joined of last year ( i think...)

But i never logged on too much, and am definitely a newcomer to the firearms community.

great to be here!

P.S. so many different terms and gun nomenclature... I hope I can get this all down one day, and be able to keep up in conversation with the rest of you guys! Hopefully! *crosses fingers*
Old July 25, 2012, 01:44 PM   #1237
CharlieDeltaJuliet

Hello everyone, I am new to the forums, but been a firearm owner and collector for many many years. I am a member of a couple other firearm forums, just figured it is time to be a part of this one. My firearms and experience range 50bmgs to .17hmrs, pistols to rifles. I am a huge big bore rifle fan and own a few.
Old July 25, 2012, 03:34 PM   #1238
RyanHDavis

New Member Long time hunter

Hello all the members of the shooting forums, lets see wear to start. I'm 14 and have just purchased a savage model 11 111 in .243 a few weeks back and i'm wanting to get into longer range shooting and reloading. Right now i'm shoot at 120 125 yards and getting dime sized groups after only 15 shots, however i want to shoot out farther to say 6 700 yards. I am also getting into reloading and every time i look at anything having to do with guns this forum always comes up and the answers to the questions are always very helpful so i thought i would get a account so i could post questions and help answer the ones i know about. I know i will get some good information and thank everyone in advance for any help anyone gives me.

[NOTE: The problem is you won't get any replies here in this thread. Find the appropriate forum for bolt action rifles and start your own discussion. This thread is for introductions only. Welcome to The Firing Line. - Bud]

Last edited by Bud Helms; July 25, 2012 at 03:51 PM.
Old July 26, 2012, 03:55 AM   #1239
willisp

hello shooters,willisp here have 40+ years shooting,reloading,and fooling around with firearms. i live in ct. at one time firearms capitol of the world don't know about now. have made part's for winchester,savage,mossberg,marlin. have many firearms,reloading equipment,ammo for many calibers. will post some time not sure when. god bless and keep shooting
Old July 26, 2012, 04:35 AM   #1240
vdub804

Been lurking on the forum for awhile glad to apart community

Sent from my Galaxy SIII using Tapatalk 2
Old July 26, 2012, 08:28 PM   #1241
FloridaVeteran

Greetings. I'm a retiree - started shooting in 1955, back when every dad in the neighborhood took his kids to Junior NRA meetings to learn firearm safety and afterwards how to shoot and hit what they aimed at.

Shot some competitive police and combat pistol in the early 1970s, back when an unmodified K-38 was pretty standard and HKS speedloaders or a Smith Model 66 were hot stuff. Hunted birds with a Fox Sterlingworth from Grandpa that I recently passed on down the line, varmints with an old Marlin lever-action that had the flip-up peep sights, and deer with a .270 after getting away from slugs.

Got into Cowboy Action Shooting around 2005 and enjoyed that until my health dropped off a bit, but I still love to load for and shoot anything in .45 Colt. Reminds me of (what I considered to be) an error that I saw on Top Shot, unless the revolvers were not set up right - the contestants shooting SAAs in .45LC were using the ejector rod to dump each casing. If the guns were properly set up, and they could have tested this during practice, a .45LC case is heavy enough that it will drop out of the cylinder by gravity if you tilt the barrel up about 45 degrees or so. So unless there was a range-safety prohibition against that, they slowed themselves down by wasting time.

Anyway , sorry about the ramble - I love well-crafted guns that are affordable - my budget can't handle top-of-the line ones, but a nicely tuned Cimarron SAA or a Series 70 1911A1 will suit me just fine. Ditto an M-14 over an AR, but mostly that is a reflection of my age and what I'm familiar with.
Old July 26, 2012, 09:10 PM   #1242
Nine the Ranger

It just hit me that I should have posted in this thread a while ago.

Hello all, My name is John, 18 years old.

I received my first rifle 1 & 1/2 years ago for a late birthday present, a Marlin 336 30-30.

Later that year I worked and got a Marlin 925m, and just recently bought a Mossberg 500 20ga.

I am fairly new to the sport so forgive me if I don't know too many of the smaller details to shooting.

Plan on joining the NRA very soon

Last edited by Nine the Ranger; July 27, 2012 at 12:02 AM.
Old July 29, 2012, 09:19 PM   #1243
willyt52

Hello everyone. New member from Philadelphia PA. I had an interest in firearms for over 40 years. Sold my 629 years ago and regretted it ever since. Just came across a Model 29 8 3/8 Nickel in excellent condition and picked it up to help fill the void created by that past error in judgement. This forum has a lot of information and interesting reading. Looking forward to checking it all out.

Willy T
Old July 30, 2012, 02:25 PM   #1244
G.I.DAVE

Hello everyone!

New member here. I have lurked your forums for years, learning alot from all the experienced guys posting here.

Im in Metro Detroit Michigan, My Name is Dave. Grew up shooting since I was 5. Then got into local M1 Garand competition when I was 12 at a local gun club.

I love US service rifles, and WWI and WWII US and Foreign rifles.

I joined the boards when I found out I had a real rare mauser. A few of the guys posted in my thread and helped alot!

Lifetime NRA memeber

Thanks!

Dave
Old August 1, 2012, 03:51 AM   #1245
FirearmsGuy7

New Gun and Ammo site

Hello fellow firearms enthusiasts. My username is FirearmsGuy7 and would like to spread the word of a new site that i have made. Its a site on any gun or type of bullet you would like to know about. Please its a new site and its currently under construction, but would greatly appreciate your time to go on there and contact me about what you would like to see and any type of gun or bullet in general. The site is called ammoreloaded.yolasite.com please go on it and let me know what you think and what you would like to see. I'm hoping to have it as a .com by the end of the month but I have made this site for people that are like me that just want straight up information about what i want to know. I believe that everyone has a voice and I would be glad to hear any suggestions from anyone. But please no nasty messages. We are all gun people here and there is no need for it Thank you for reading this and for your time. Greatly appreciated FirearmsGuy7
Old August 1, 2012, 05:08 PM   #1246
muzzlefront

Robert Higgins

Ladies and Gentlefolk,
I'm new to the forum world and really just trying to get my company out into the world and out of it's infancy. Constructive criticism is always welcome, and destructive criticism is always met in kind with tongue in cheek sarcasm.
I've been a weapons trainer for almost a decade and truly enjoy what I do.
Old August 2, 2012, 11:02 AM   #1247
Dennis Olson

Oops! I missed the "intro" thread yesterday and accidentally posted on a separate one. Sorry about that. From that thread:

I'd joined TFL in 1999, and when the site temporarily closed back in 2002, I left for greener pastures. Just discovered that this place is alive and well, so I asked the staff to please reactivate me (thanks!) At one time, I was a very active member here. I've got several AR-related questions that I want to ask, and will soon.

It's nice to be home again.

Dennis
Old August 4, 2012, 10:44 AM   #1248
spidrbob

New Reloader

Just started reloading and joined to get info and advice. Thanx
Old August 4, 2012, 05:46 PM   #1249
BrycoCollector

New member here. Joined to see if there are any other Bryco Collector's out there.
Old August 4, 2012, 06:05 PM   #1250
doc1310

New member from Central Texas

Howdy from Texas,
Retired Firefighter/Paramedic, ex US Army SSG. Have gotten back in to shooting the last few years and introduced my son to it, and he's so happy I did.
Just picked up a Winchester 94, born in 1984, never been fired. Wild Hogs beware!!!!!

Tags
ar15 , cerakote , custom ar , introduction , laser engraving , new agent