The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Firing Line Gun Show > Retail Deals and Feedback

Notices

Old November 8, 2002, 11:15 AM   #1
10mm

Sableco Rocks!

www.sableco.net

They have a bunch of stuff and most of their prices are competitive with the lowest prices out there, and some a way lower. They are in the process of moving to a new location and will be offering many more items, including complete Rock River Arms rifles sometime in December. If their prices on rifles are like those on the complete uppers they sell they will be THE place to go for Rock River Arms stuff.

Now to my good news, I bought a Leupold Vari-X III 3.5-10x40 M1 Tactical Illuminated Duplex reticle NIB scope for $625 plus shipping, etc. It totalled to about $646! That's sweet. Scope arrived in the sealed Leupold box complete with warranty, instructions, etc. Best price I found elsewhere was around $850. Donnie had a few left when I ordered mine so jump on it now. These are the older version and the new replacements apparently have the brightness dial in a different location, identical otherwise.

Sableco gets an A+ from me.
Old November 10, 2002, 11:57 AM   #2
toast78

I got my Aimpoint from them. Donnie is the tops.

toast
Old November 13, 2002, 10:50 AM   #3
Mikul

They told me they were shipping my scope and rings out at least 10 days ago, and I don't have it yet.
Old November 14, 2002, 09:06 AM   #4
10mm

Mine took about two weeks or so to get but it was just as described and for the price it was well worth the wait. They didn't charge my card until it shipped either
Old November 15, 2002, 02:58 PM   #5
Mikul

Well, I'll keep you posted.

What has me worried is they they haven't returned my two email in the last two days and it seems that their answering machine is full and no longer taking messages.

So far, my credit card has not been charged.
Old November 23, 2002, 06:56 PM   #6
Syldlok

Mikul

Have looked at their web site, they are in the process of moving. There is a notice on the home page to expect delays in answering emails and messages and such because of that.

No, I don't have any relations in any way with Sableco. I just went to their web site for first time following the link on the first post.

Si vis pacem, para bellum - If you want peace, prepare for war
Old November 30, 2002, 07:06 PM   #7
BucksDC

No worries Mikul

These guys are top notch and as someone mentioned before Sable Co. and RBPrecision (Donnie and Robert) are in the midst of a merge and setting up shop in a new location as we speak. They will open their doors Dec 2nd (Mon.). I can assure you that any delay was because of the chaos of the move and not shoddy service or shady business. If your order isn't resolved, call them first thing on Mon. Personally, I know things are busy for them because my friend and I have been to their new location several times and they are always balls to the walls busy perfecting the business. We haven't had much luck reaching them by phone recently either. I hate to tell you to be patient, but give them a couple more days of trying, till you write them off. I am sure after you explain the situation they will do anything reasonable to make it right. And, I'll remind them to check their emails on Mon. morning when I'm over there.
Old December 13, 2002, 05:10 PM   #8
Mikul

The scope finally arrived on November 25th.

I called SableCo repeatedly for two weeks prior and left several messages and e-mails which were never returned. I finally caught them at the office on November 15th, and they apologized profusely and said that they had not received the scope from Leupold and lost track of my order in the process. After he called his Leupold representative, he said it would arrive at SableCo the next day.

I mentioned that I wanted the rifle for a trip that I was taking and that I would be leaving on the 22nd. He said it would be there by that date. Needless to say, it wasn't, and I didn't have the rifle for my big shoot, much less in time to have it sighted in before I left.

The scope and rings are excellent. SableCo's prices are good even though they charge an extra fee for credit card orders. I would have sent a money order to avoid this extra cost, but I didn't want to delay my order. If I knew it was going to take 24 days, I could have saved myself 7 or 8 dollars.

Considering the extra wait that I had already gone through, they could have overnighted my order to me and I would have had it by the 19th at the latest.

I will consider other options when I order my next scope.