The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Handguns: General Handgun Forum

Old May 19, 2019, 08:22 AM   #76
Kemikos

Quote:
Originally Posted by dannyb View Post
the Rohrbaugh is now the Remington RM380. They improved the spring and made this a sort of reasonable .380. I say sort of because I had a Rohrbaugh and detested the disassembly reassembly method which required punching out a pin to disassemble (not so bad) but then realigning everything with the slide partly back in EXACTLY the right alignment with barrel part. If you have big, nonarthritic hands that can hold everything right while you slide the pin in, this will work for you. If you are like me, it's a major PITA.
Here is a link showing field strip and reassembly. Watch how many times this "expert" has to mess with the pin.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=va9-OzWdoCA
I prefer something that does not require extra tools and 3 hands to disassemble/reassemble. My pocket carries are a Pico (winter) and a P32 (summer).
I left out the plethora of good .380 (and .32) options because the OP said they wanted a 9mm. Otherwise, yeah, if you're willing to carry a smaller caliber, then your choices multiply significantly.
Old May 19, 2019, 08:33 AM   #77
jar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kemikos View Post
I left out the plethora of good .380 (and .32) options because the OP said they wanted a 9mm. Otherwise, yeah, if you're willing to carry a smaller caliber, then your choices multiply significantly.
Well, we can always carry a 9mm Kurz or 9mm Corto or 9mm Browning Court or the 9x17mm or 9mm Short or 9mm Mak or 9x18 or ...

Tags
concealed carry , edc , pdw , pocket carry , recommendations