The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Gear and Accessories

Old March 21, 2001, 06:40 PM   #51
Handgun Harry

Benchmade ATS-34 Automatic.

Nice little 3 inch (just under the legal limit in Oregon) knife..

The Benchmade AFCK (Advanced Folding Combat Knife) is an AWESOME knife as well..

Out of all the knives I've owned Benchmade is my personal favorite/best. Lifetime warrenty against all damage, plus free sharpenings for life.. plus they're based out of Oregon, and it's only a 30 minute drive for me down to em'.. hehe

Old March 22, 2001, 12:08 AM   #52
Marko Kloos

My everyday knife is a Spyderco Delica with the plain satin blade. My favorite is my Kasper/Crawford folder with the 3.9" plain edge...excellent folder for the money, robust as hell and fits the hand well.

"A knifeless man is a lifeless man." -Viking Proverb

the munchkin wrangler.
Old March 22, 2001, 11:11 AM   #53
Tamara
Moderator Emeritus

Gee, I have three knives that could qualify as "everyday"; my CRKT KISS, the Kershaw Ken Onion "Blackout", and the CRKT Neck PECK. The "Blackout" would be my favorite, if forced to choose.
Old March 22, 2001, 05:46 PM   #54
OF

A Spyderco Calypso Jr. serrated with the micarta handle everyday, or ocassionally a Benchmade McHenry and Williams 710S axis-lock.

- gabe
Old March 24, 2001, 09:56 AM   #55
WoundChannel

Emerson CQC 7 by Benchmade...

I have carried it for the last five years. Bought it at the factory (MISTAKE!). Paid full retail, doh! It is not a wittler, but IMHO, it is great for what it was intended, a back up to a back up. I even carry it everyday at the hospital I work at, just in case those pesky patients get out of hand. I am thinking a sheepsfoot type blade would be more appropriate for my line of work.

I am deciding between a Busse or Maddog for my next blade, just as soon as my wife gets over my firearm purchases. "Finances! What finances! Give me my damn credit card back!"
Old March 25, 2001, 06:35 AM   #56
Mikke

Benchmade 910 Stryker, plain blade 90% of the time. BM Mini-AFCK 5% of the time, other knifes for the rest.
Old March 27, 2001, 11:31 PM   #57
Phil

Benchmade 940 Osbourne and an itty bitty 3 blade, Schrade Old Timer (Junior?).
Old March 28, 2001, 01:39 PM   #58
revolvergeek

Spyderco Tim Wagner, full size, backed up with a Victorinox Yeoman.
Old March 28, 2001, 02:14 PM   #59
nedfig

Am I the only one that carries a Colt CT29. The anodizing is starting to wear off the handle, but it still holds an edge. I've really been checking out the CRKT M16 line.
Old March 28, 2001, 09:15 PM   #60
Cmc

I also carry a CT 29 Colt ,3 " folding tanto blade with pocket clip , the handle on mine is ZYTEL plastic.
Old March 30, 2001, 01:44 AM   #61
craigz

Large Sebenza. It's ruined me for all other folders.

Old April 10, 2001, 08:55 PM   #62
HunterWarrior

Mad Dog ATAK

http://64.177.53.248/cgi-bin/tactica...=10&LastLogin=
Old April 10, 2001, 09:47 PM   #63
guerilla1138

Some of you have expensive taste in knives, Emerson Commanders, Mad Dog's, Busse's..... whoa.

Ok well I guess I am kinda part of the club, I carry an Emerson Commander every day, since I got it in october.
Its a tank of a folder, non of the quality control problems with it that I have heard whined about on other commanders.
Satin finished blade, partially serrated. I love it.
Only thing that might ever replace it in my pocket is a plain edge ES1-M, which is the 4+ inch blade version that is custom made by Ernest Emerson.

If I carry a fixed blade its a Sog Seal Pup, in an IWB sheath. Nice tough working knife, that should hold up if it was ever needed for more serious matters.
Once I have the money I will probably be replacing that with either a Mad Dog, or a custom fighter by Jay Fisher of Magdalena New Mexico.

Not bad for a 15 year old eh?
Old May 5, 2001, 03:27 AM   #64
The Sniper

I presently carry a Benchmade folder - Stryker model

Old May 5, 2001, 08:03 AM   #65
Sling Shot

My everday carry knife is a large Benchmade AFCK plain edge, satin blade. I am looking forward to buying the new release of the Griptilian by Benchmade. Looks like it will be a good buy since it will have the axis lock.
Sling Shot
Old May 5, 2001, 10:35 PM   #66
rnpollard

I carry a Small Sebenza every day. There are very few things that the average guy can own and use on a daily basis that are the best. I think the small Sebbie is just that. At under 3" in blade length is can fly with me. It is solid. I have total confidence in this knife. It is always clipped to my right front pocket.

If I could only own 1 knife it would be the Small Sebenza. If I could only own 2 knives I would buy a spare.

I own the small in the Plain Right hand model, the plain left hand model, the tanto model, and the LDC Customized Model with a bit of a false edge and a computer generated graphic model. I believe I will own a wood inlay model by the end of the year. I will carry it. I will use it. When necessary I can send it back to Chris in Idaho and have it cleaned up for next to nothing.

The best $300 or so you will EVER spend.

[email protected]
Old May 7, 2001, 03:31 AM   #67
xtrarnds

I cary a Victorinox Classic Swiss army knife (the smallest one they make) and a Benchmade Mel Pardue designed 350. I have been carying this combo for over two years now. Very useful knives.
Old May 7, 2001, 05:16 AM   #68
D-SEC

AT WORK, I CARRY A BENCHMADE 710 IN THE CARGO POCKET OF MY PANTS, AND A CRKT KISS IN THE TRAUMA PLATE POUCH ON MY VEST, WHEN I AM NOT WORKING,SOMETIMES THE 710 BUT USUALLY NO KNIFE AT ALL.
Old May 8, 2001, 05:43 PM   #69
RAY WOODROW 3RD

My Gerber multi-tool is my everyday knife and a whole lot more. I think the one I have is a sporter model in brushed stainless with the lockable accessories(the wife gave it to me for valentines day). The police never question it because it is a multi tool. The whole thing could be used very effectively in my hand if I needed it to defend myself. It comes in handly too many times to count. I up graded from a swiss army knife that I had always carried on me since I was a very young man.
Old May 11, 2001, 11:22 PM   #70
Gary H

Rekat Sifu
Old May 12, 2001, 10:49 AM   #71
Spectre
Staff Alumnus

Spyderco Native, front left pocket.

Carried a Solitaire Crosslock for about two years, but I don't trust traditional liner-style locks.

I've also carried a Cold Steel Voyager. Should've held onto it, as well, though it's a bit big to explain easily at the office. My Spyderco does get used there, though...
Old May 13, 2001, 10:13 PM   #72
Kentucky Rifle

Small Plain Sebenza

The best I ever had.

Kentucky Rifle
Old May 14, 2001, 01:27 PM   #73
EQP

Put me down for an Emerson Commander. Just love that knife.
Old May 15, 2001, 03:17 PM   #74
drcohen

TOPS

My TOPS (Tactical-Ops USA) with the blacked out (glare proofing) is great. Ugly but practical.

I know M.O.D., Emerson, SOG and others are popular, but this is really nice.

http://www.bestdefense.com
Old May 16, 2001, 12:57 AM   #75
LiquidTension

Carried a Gerber EZOut for a few years. Now I carry a CRKT M16-13Z. I cannot say enough about this knife. I'd rather have it than some of the $100+ knives I've handled. And with the Carson flipper it is beyond fast. I think they have a carbon fiber version with the carson flipper now, too.