The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Conference Center > General Discussion Forum

Old December 24, 2011, 12:08 PM   #1051
betterdays

Hey everyone

My name is Michael and I am 17 years old. Avid shooter looking to learn more.
Old December 25, 2011, 07:59 PM   #1052
kilowatt

I'm Chris, 26 years old. I'm an amateur experimenter, tinkerer, and inventor of all sorts of things. I grew up around guns, shooting and reloading and have just gotten more interested in it in the last few years. My biggest thing is ballistic testing and developing new projectiles and loads. I would definitely be a wildcat guy if I had the means.
Old December 26, 2011, 08:55 AM   #1053
BadaBing11

New to Forum

Hi all,

I'm new to this forum as my interest in revolvers has peaked again for some reason. I currently own a Colt Python that I bought used in 1981. Since then I have been down various roads with 9mm, 22's and 1911's . I love them all.

It's sure to be a pleasure on this forum.

Thanks,

Jeff
Old December 28, 2011, 12:08 AM   #1054
TheJewban

Hello All-

Just checking in.

TJ
Old December 28, 2011, 01:10 PM   #1055
Bel5191

Hi everyone. Name's Ben, 20 yrs old and live in Pennsylvania. I hunt about everything I can hunt and enjoy shooting when I can. I am anxiously awaiting my 21st birthday so I can begin a pistol collection.
Old December 30, 2011, 12:02 AM   #1056
DaveC11B

Hello all. Long time lurker, just joined up! 24, US Army Infantry, stationed out at Ft Lewis, WA with 2D ID. Love it here! Have many guns, but opt to keep them off post at a storage unit. I'll post some pics of what I have right now.

The List:

FNP 45 Tactical
Ruger SR556
FNH Scar 17S, EOTech 553.tan
CZ 750 Sniper, Leupold MK4 LR/T
CZ 75BD
Kimber Custom TLE II

Thats it for right now, I need to get some good pics but its a pain since I dont have anywhere indoors to do a good photoshoot at. Here are some crappy pics of what I've got at the moment, some arent pictured.

Me (left) and best friend in Afghanistan with our issued M14 EBR's
Old December 30, 2011, 07:20 PM   #1057
rhicks93

r e terni

hi im new here ,trying to find so info on a r e terni 6.5 looking for a rear sight and a clip for it.any info would be helpful thanks
Old December 31, 2011, 11:04 AM   #1058
morgancapt

The 8mm. mauser action krupp-essen rifle

I too was wondering about my 8mm rifle owned by my dad (born in 1896) and left to me when he passed away. I purchased a box of 20rds. Wolf brand 8mm (8x57) and successfully fired 5 rds. on Dec. 26,2011. on a lease in Mason,Tx. I know almost nothing about the rifle as my dad passed away in 1953 when I was 10yrs. old. I'm pretty sure it's post WW1 and pre WW2 but, nothing else except it performs well. Any info. would be greatly appreciated.
Old December 31, 2011, 02:31 PM   #1059
Bud Helms

Gentlemen, thanks for introducing yourselves.

This subforum was put here for introductions. That's really its only purpose.

Both of you may take your questions to either The Art of the Rifle forum or to Harley Nolden's Institute for Firearms Research.

Welcome to TFL.
Old January 1, 2012, 02:53 PM   #1060
morgancapt

Retired boat captain

An old guy with time to hunt,sail and scuba dive. I used to work as a commercial diver and among other things recovered some of the 1715 Plate Fleet off the east coast of florida in the late 1960's. Now landlocked and living in Houston,Tx.
Old January 2, 2012, 07:34 PM   #1061
shoptroll

Shoptroll is here.

Finally signed up on a gun forum. I use the same handle on bike forums so I'll be surprised if someone doesn't know me. Anyway, I'm a 45 y.o. gun owner and NRA life member. Been shooting and handloading since I was 17. I hadn't bought a new gun in years and was content to shoot my flintlocks.....and then my 21 y.o. son finally got interested and I started advising him on purchases and hanging around the gun shops with him and the bug bit me again. So, here I am.
Old January 2, 2012, 08:32 PM   #1062
elk hunter

New

Well hello everyone, I am not from south Ga. as a native but rather from Alabama as I had to move here to keep my job.
I moved here with my wife and two grandaughters but hope to one day move to Cheyenne,Wy. when I retire.I went to Wyoming with my son one year he and I together harvested a 6x6 bull elk and fell in love with the place.I would not have missed this opportunity for the world. I have gotten a lot of usefull information here and I do thank everyone for their input.
And I hope to earn a lot of freinds here and who knows ,I might be helpfull to someone in the future if I can ever figure out all of these terms and jargon that youall use ,because at 63 I am still learning the new ways of the computer
Old January 3, 2012, 01:28 AM   #1063
ltc444

hello

I have been posting for a while but never taken the time to introduce myself.

I have been shooting as long as I can remember. I am a serious pistol shooter, reloader and a recreational long gun shooter.

My background is: Retired Army Reserve Officer whose specialities include Ordnance, Air Defense, EOD, and Intelligence. Civilian wise I have over 30 years as a Safety Professional in Explosives/Propellant and Acid manufacturing. I served as a Part time Deputy and HAZMAT consultant for an AR Sheriffs department. I left the SO as a LT training officer.

I shoot competively in my younger days. (If you can't shoot hardball you can't shoot) Now the sins of my youth (fast motorcycles and jumping out of Helicopters) do not allow me to shoot unsupported.

I live in Eastern AZ were I shoot as much as I want and scare the coyotes and prarie dogs.
Old January 3, 2012, 08:34 AM   #1064
bandit.queen3807

My name is Lareina. I am out of South Central Kansas and an active member of the Chisholm Trail Antique Gun Association. I enjoy cowboy action shooting and .22 competition shooting in my local club.
Old January 3, 2012, 11:40 PM   #1065
RimfireRat

Another newbee gun junkie to the forum

Hi guys I'm a forced retired gun junkie , /hunter ,fly fisherman ,kayaker. jack of all trades Enjoy collecting the odd gun at the show and old mossberg Rimfires, though not to pass on good old Ctr fire , Have spl spot for the mannlicher stocked models. always retoring at least 2 , never catch up it seems if it's blue and wood or wet i'll have me hnnds on it ~~RR~~
Old January 4, 2012, 04:39 PM   #1066
JBarL

New Here but not new to shooting

Hello,
My name is Jeff I am a Certified Texas DPS Concealed Handgun Instrustor, Certified NRA Instructor, (Soon to be Texas Parks and Wildlife Hunter Education Instructor) and FFL dealer. I'm also a competative Shooter as well as just a everyday shooter. most of the guns I shoot are pistols, I prefer to be up close and personal with targets but dont get me wrong I can hit targets at 600 yrds with my Weatherby 300 mag But I prefer pistol shooting. I love teaching others the shooting fundamentals and try my best to make it interesting as possible for my students but most of the classes I do the students gets alot of hands on time. my favorite caliber is my old cowboy guns chambered in 45LC love em alot but there is a new addition to my gun closet a Black powder 1847 44 cal Walker by Uberti. I use it alot especially when I am out in my pastures for the four legged varmints that roam out in the country lol its very accurate at 50yrds full size sillouett target I can hit the 10 ring with it its very heavy 4 1/2 lbs empty and can hold up to 60 grains of black powder. Love it... and also I broke down and bought a plastic gun ( never thought I would own one) springfield armory xd 40 I used it the other day in a charity shooting match gotta say I did like the way it shot. anyways Just wanted to say Hi and looking forward to have discussions on here. God Bless Our Troops and see ya around.

JBarL
Old January 5, 2012, 11:07 PM   #1067
Steyr AUG

Hi All

Lived in Henderson since I moved from Pennsylvania in 2004 after retiring but I've never hunted here - yet.

I have a Steyr Aug (.223) and a Benelli M1 shotgun for coyote hunting.

While I've hunted fox in PA what I need here in Nevada is someone to show me the ropes of coyote hunting. That's why I'm on this site.

Oh, yeah, I do reload.

I have great Pentax binos, a Leupold spotting scope, good camo outfits and patience. Just need a hunting partner.
Old January 6, 2012, 07:21 AM   #1068
army e9

Hello from Maryland

Just joined, I belong to several other forums, CMP, and Quarterbore. I have this really old rifle, Remington Sportmaster Modle 341-P, SN# 29817. It has a front globe sight that requires inserts. Does anyone know where I can buy replacement inserts? Over the years the inserts for this rifle were lost.

Retired US Army 1990
Sergeant Major
Vietnam Vet - '66, '68, '70

[Welcome to TFL. Try your question in our rifle forum. - Bud]
Old January 7, 2012, 02:59 PM   #1069
Nancy Thomas

I have a question I need help with

I am a new member....not a familiar person with guns although I own a .38...but I have a serious question I need people with experience to answer...should I ask on here?
Old January 8, 2012, 04:47 PM   #1070
Disinclined

Disinclined

I live outside of Austin, TX and have been shooting cap & ball pistols for about a year. The more I shoot the better I like them. I have a brass framed .44 1858 sheriff model and a steel framed 1858.

I have enjoyed reading the posts so I thought I'd join
Old January 9, 2012, 05:59 AM   #1071
corsica

Corsica is here

Excuse me if I make some mistake, but I'm italian. My nick come from the isle and not from the model of Chevrolet. I like weapon, short weapon like pistol and revolver and knives. I'm shareholder of Far League the company owner of the patents about the Rhino revolver. My real name is Maurizio Piccolo, yes like little, and my real work is technician about the lubricant for metal deformation www.oil-sa.com. At the moment is all.
Ciao
Maurizio
Old January 9, 2012, 03:30 PM   #1072
ColtJustice

Howdy

Hi, new to the forum, obviously. I've been shooting most of my life, and have been a former NRA Instructor, and current Cowboy Action shooter. Thanks for having me.
Old January 9, 2012, 09:57 PM   #1073
soarinmccoy

I usually complain about people like me !! lol

Hello FORUM!!

Sorry I actually made a new post without properly introducing myself first

However My name is Jaron. I run an Insurance Restoration company and Claims Consultant firm for other contractors and property owners. I am 27 years old and within the last 2 years have finally been able to start purchasing one of my true loves. Rare, historical, odd and different firearms!
I have come across quite a few very cool pieces and love learning more. I am not familiar with much but time will do its justice.

I currently have an old Rouchouse St. Etienne percussion, custom originally cased.
A few different Colt Police Positives
Rugers
French flint lock and drop triggers

Take a look at my threads hopefully you can be of some help and hopefully see something you like
Old January 12, 2012, 05:12 PM   #1074
gurutheyoung

whats up tfl

Hey guys ,
What's up. I'm very new here . I'm from California. not greatest if your into guns .
I'm no firearms expert but share the same interest in guns , tactical, and just cool stuff.
Old January 13, 2012, 06:08 PM   #1075
TJMehaf

Hi members of the TFL!

Hi my name is Tim,
I've learned a lot over the last year on this forum!
I'm 54 and started shooting at age 9. I did a lot of hunting in my youth
(mostly pheasants and rabbit) with long guns.
I stopped shooting in my 20s and 30s, and then bought my first handgun
about 15 years ago.
Since then my wife and I have enjoyed going to the range as often as we
can. She grew up with a Father that was an avid collector and has been around guns all her life. She is very good with a revolver but not so much
semi-auto.
We own quite a few guns and really enjoy going to the range!
Best Regards!
Tim

Tags
ar15 , cerakote , custom ar , introduction , laser engraving , new agent