The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Handloading, Reloading, and Bullet Casting

Old December 25, 2009, 10:03 PM   #1
Solvo Pium

Location: Where it is normally warm and hot 9 months out of the year.
.40 caliber reload, going to range, need last minute advice

Merry Christmas everyone. I reloaded about 40 rounds of .40 caliber. My measurements for length are inbetween my max length and minimum. For the cookbooks tell you if you have the bullet in the casing under the minimum, you can have an increase in pressure. I have my correct amount of powder, and the neck size is where it needs to be after I crimped my rounds. When I put the rounds into a magazine, I would pull back and charge my weapon but the rounds would sometimes jam, however, I think I was not pulling back enough and letting it charge completely forward. BUT once I started pulling back the receiver all the way back and releasing, I didn't have any jams, I guess that was my problem. Should I have any concerns?
Old December 25, 2009, 10:28 PM   #2
bullspotter

Did you recheck the COL after chambering the rounds, I would look for setback on the rounds you were trying to chamber, you may have made them shorter, and it they get setback to much, could have a pressure problem.