The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Gear and Accessories

Old August 15, 2001, 03:07 PM   #1
bad4u

G-Code Paddle Holster impressions

The G-Code Paddle Holster I have is more a 'system' than just a holster, consisting of:
1)Model GH 1111 Paddle Holster for 1911 Compact (4" barrel), with no-tilt Large Paddle.
2)Model GA 0003 Accessory Large Paddle with 15-degree tilt.
3)Model GA 0004 Mid-Low Adaptor for lower carry of the gun.

The paddles have 3 stamped impressions which provide very secure holster/pants/belt grip. I'm wearing mine with shorts and 1.5" belt. The paddle slips on securely and stays put. Removing the holster can be accomplished by rotating the holster, but some effort is required. With the 1.5" belt I'm wearing, this holster is not going to tilt, flop or move position until you very deliberately move it.

I haven't tried the GA 0004 Mid-Low Adaptor, since I prefer a high carry. The adaptor appears to provide up to 1.5" of vertical carry adjustment in .5" increments.

I bought this gun for a Springfield Champion with 4" barrel. The fit is very precise. The gun is very secure. This is one holster that I am confident would retain the gun if I were to fall. A tension-adjusting screw is provided to 'tune' the degree of retention you prefer, and it works.

Regarding precise fitting, I dropped my Para P12 into this holster and found the fit was poor. I could carry the P12 in this holster, but retention would suffer. The gun fit is EXACTLY as advertised - no slop.

Since I prefer to carry behind the hip, I prefer the GA 0003 Paddle with 15-degree tilt. If I were to carry on the hip, I suppose I'd prefer the vertical-carry paddle. Switching paddles is quickly accomplished with 2 retaining screws.

This holster completely shields the gun from the body. You needn't worry about sweat. You needn't worry about irritation from 1911 sights rubbing your body. You needn't worry about inadvertently switching between Condition 1 and Condition 0 by contact between thumb-safety and body.

Concealability is excellent. The holster rides high and tight, with the tip of the holster about 3.5" below the top of the belt. Carried behind the hip, the gun is concealed very well with just a t-shirt outside the pants.

I'm quite pleased with the G-Code holster. I got everything I wanted in a paddle holster. Features are exactly as advertised on the G-Code web sight. Concealability is better thjan I expected. Security of both gun/holster and holster/pants is excellent. Gun fit is exactly right.

Check out the G-Code Holsters at www.tacticalholsters.com.
Old August 19, 2001, 01:20 PM   #2
Scott Evans
Staff Alumnus

bad4u

Thanks for the review! I’m glad you’re happy with your purchase.

Have you had the chance yet to try the Mag carrier? The carrier is ambidextrous and cane with both an “on the belt” and an “In the Waist Band” mounting adapter.

Best of luck with your new rig!

Scott

MOLON LABE !

I’m a G-CODE holster fan !
www.range5.com
Old August 19, 2001, 02:31 PM   #3
Scott Evans
Staff Alumnus

MOLON LABE !

www.range5.com
Old August 21, 2001, 01:18 AM   #4
Spectre
Staff Alumnus

Scott,

I just checked out the holsters a few minutes ago, and they do look REALLY good.

You gonna make an IWB for the P-32 anytime soon? Lots of us here have 'em, and small as they are, it makes an awfully big bulge in the pocket of someone as small as I am! I could carry 3 or 4 of them in a decent IWB rig, though...(only I'm not really asking for a triple carry rig! )
Old August 23, 2001, 10:31 PM   #5
Scott Evans
Staff Alumnus

IWB holsters will be out just before the end of the year. I’m not sure where the P-32 will be in the line up but we will make one for it. Some of the test IWB holsters have been tried out by those in the TFL Staf. George in particular has put some use on one.

The paddle rigs are leading the line and doing a good job for us. The mag carriers are also something that we are particularly proud of. We engineered in many features found on no others. Also, the LEFT HAND rigs will soon be out. As always though I can use as much help as possible in spreading the word about the G-CODE line. All the work to date has been on the engineering side of it and we are now making efforts to gain some momentum going into SHOT show on the marketing side. Nothing, however beats the sound of satisfied users.

MOLON LABE !

www.range5.com
Old August 24, 2001, 12:18 AM   #6
blades67

Scott, please let me know when you release the left-hand holsters for SIG Sauers, Glocks and Walther P99's. (I would really like an OD Green holster for my P99 Military. )

I hunt, therefore I am.
Old August 24, 2001, 10:45 PM   #7
Spectre
Staff Alumnus

Scott,

Any chance of making an M1 Carbine buttstock mag holder? Lots of folks have the li'l carbine, and some of us are actually serious about using them!

Yeah, the old covered pouches may work, but they're definitely not as sturdy, nor as fast in action as one you could make...

Thanks for considering it,

John
Old August 25, 2001, 09:44 AM   #8
Scott Evans
Staff Alumnus

I’ll be sure to shout it from the roof top when the left hand rigs are available. We are very close. By the end of the Month I’ll have all the Glocks covered and all the 1911’s.

The OD green is now a definite possibility for later in the year! At the moment I do not have enough on hand.

The M-1 carbine Mags should be no problem once we have some time to work them in. Good idea!

I love this place.

MOLON LABE !

www.range5.com
Old August 29, 2001, 09:21 PM   #9
GSB

Well, you helped me out with my USP 45 problem, Scott. Now all you need to do is turn out a holster for the Beretta Elite II and I'll be eternally grateful (do you have any idea how hard it is to find an Elite II rig? Makes my USP quest look like a walk in the park).
Old August 30, 2001, 09:45 AM   #10
ChrisW

Scott,
Any idea when you will have these for the HS2000? The holster looks great for the price. Also, double mag holders would be nice too.

Thanks,
ChrisW