The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Hide > The Dave McCracken Memorial Shotgun Forum

Old January 24, 2016, 12:36 PM   #1
Bernie Link

Help on my Stoeger Uplander

Hi Folks, I need to sell my Stoeger Uplander Supreme SXS, 20 ga. 28" barrels, Chokes :IC, Mod. & X-Full Turkey included, engraved stock. Gun is in LIKE NEW CONDITION & I'll through in a hard case.

I have a tear in my left rotator cuff & can't lift the double barrel without pain. Can anyone tell me what I can expect to get for it?

Thanks, Bernie

Pics 486.jpg

Pics 485a.jpg
Old January 24, 2016, 01:14 PM   #2
T. O'Heir

MSRP is $549. Bass Pro lists 'em at $449.99. $499.99 at Gander Mountain. Used I'd guess $300 to $350ish. WHAG though.
"...tear in my left rotator cuff..." Right side for mine. Only treatment I got was 6 visits to a physiotherapist. The pain does go away and you will regain the use of your arm. Eventually. Takes roughly 3 to 6 months.
Old January 24, 2016, 01:22 PM   #3
Bernie Link

Thank you. Good info on my rotator cuff. Do you think I can get more than $350 with the engraved stock, extra X-full turkey choke tube & the hard case I'm encluding?

Thanks, Bernie
Old January 24, 2016, 10:38 PM   #4
johnwilliamson062

These don't hold value all that well in my experience. I've considered buying one or two used ones that came up for that reason. This is not the sale section of the forum, so this may get shut down.

If your hard case is the cheap plano type it has no value. I have three I'd give away to anyone who needed one.

I can see several light handling marks in your photos. Looks like a good scratch on the stock high left of the engraving. Maybe a ding or pretty bad spot in the stock below the engraving. That wouldn't be LNIB. May just be the photo though. Did you just apply oil before taking the photos? There is also some weird coloration on the barrels in that picture.

I tore my rotator cuff 12 years ago. There are varying degrees of tears. In my case it took almost a year to recover with daily exercises and I never completely regained mobility. Probably 95%. Five years later I was doing 120-150 pull-ups a day, but after a few months my shoulder couldn't keep up.
Old January 25, 2016, 04:06 AM   #5
Blindstitch

Ouch but I have a feeling you may be looking at $250-300. If it was 12 gauge maybe a bit more. I do like the engraving or burning or whatever it actually is.

Good luck selling it but if you like it I would keep it. Some day you will be better and a gun in the hand is better than nothing. If you're turkey shooting that's what 2 shots tops.
Old January 25, 2016, 11:25 AM   #6
FITASC

LNIB usually means never fired. This looks used. Looks like some marks on the recoil pad side as well. Need complete pics and closeups of all sides for better guess. As it stands now, I'd say about 200-250.
"I believe that people have a right to decide their own destinies; people own themselves. I also believe that, in a democracy, government exists because (and only so long as) individual citizens give it a 'temporary license to exist'—in exchange for a promise that it will behave itself. In a democracy, you own the government—it doesn't own you."- Frank Zappa
Old January 25, 2016, 01:26 PM   #7
Bernie Link

Thanks guys, good info. If I can't get more than $250 or $300 for it I'll keep it on the wall in a bedroom I call "The Bunk House". By the way the wood is flawless. There are some scratches on the recoil pad.

Thanks again for the info, Bernie