The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Conference Center > Law and Civil Rights

Old March 15, 2013, 11:33 AM   #1
ClydeFrog

Tough break for Florida gun owners & 493 license holders....

Some Florida TFLers may not know yet, but the state Lt Gov: Jennifer Caroll(check name spelling), decided to resign from her post.

Caroll, a retired US Navy officer(0-5) was a strong 2A supporter & led Gov Scott's special Stand Your Ground Task Force after the big Zimmerman-Martin mess in Sanford FL.
Caroll earned a A+ from the NRA for her pro-gun views & she was well liked by many in the local media/govt affairs.

She quit due to a huge scandal that involved a Florida veterans group & a illegal gaming scheme.

The effects of this political action is not yet known but Florida 493 license holders & armed citizens need elected officals like Jennifer Caroll to keep the anti gun crowd(s) from rolling over with new strict gun control laws or ordnances.

ClydeFrog
Old March 16, 2013, 07:51 PM   #2
BigD_in_FL

Not if she is a crook - the LAST thing gun owners need is to be associated with crooked politicos and thieves
Old March 19, 2013, 09:10 AM   #3
ClydeFrog

Proven guilty?....

The former Lt Gov Carroll decided to quit because of her relationship to the subjects involved in the Florida criminal investigation.
Her PR firm did some work for the veterans group & she didn't want to be connected to the scandal due to her post.
I think she did the right thing. She's not a "crook" or part of the scam, she used good ethics & made a smart move.

If new details surface that showed she was involved in wrong-doing or KNEW of the misconduct then I agree she is wrong.
I don't let the media or public opinion sway me beliefs w/o all the facts.

Either way, it's a set-back for Florida gun owners & 2A supporters.

CF