The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Handguns: The Revolver Forum

Old April 2, 2013, 05:20 PM   #1
Vireye

Finally Bought a New Revolver

About two years ago, I bought a 4-inch S&W 686+. Loved it, but a small part of me always wished I had gotten the 6-inch model.

Well about six months ago I fell on some hard times, and parted with my beloved revolver...I always regretted it, since as a general rule I always wanted a revolver in my collection.

Finally last week I was able to rearrange my finances enough to buy a new one. Couldn't quite afford another Smith, but I wasn't really eyeing on anyway...

Found this beauty of a Ruger at the LGS, and she followed me home. Tackdriver at 25 feet, and handles beautifully... $699 out the door...just wanted to show her off a bit!

Looking to polish her up a bit, and possibly get some new grips. And, of course, some nice leather!
Old April 2, 2013, 05:42 PM   #2
Chesster

Nice versitile shooter.
Vote 'Pro-Choice' on 2nd Amendment issues!!!
Old April 2, 2013, 05:52 PM   #3
deepcreek

Nice gun.. looks like it will be fun to shoot.
Old April 2, 2013, 05:56 PM   #4
redrick

Nice revolver, I would rather have it than a new S&W, good choice.
Old April 2, 2013, 07:58 PM   #5
gandog56

I finally got rid of my first revolver, after 35 years of flawless shooting. But I saw this up for auction and HAD to have it. My nephew is now the proud new owner of my old Taurus 66, and HE loves it.

Old April 2, 2013, 08:15 PM   #6
skidder

Nice looking revolver.
IMO the GP is the best 357 on the current production list.

The GP is first on my list for "next revolver".
Gun permit?? A bread crumb tossed to a sleeping society awoken by the sound of complacency. "They are for your own good", and "you will understand when you see all the lives they save". Yes master, what else will you toss me from your bag of infringements?? Do you want me to roll over and play dead? I do that very well. --skidder
Old April 2, 2013, 08:24 PM   #7
Crankgrinder

oh man we have so much in common. I had the same situation myself and did the same thing. Had a 4" ruger and went to a 6" ruger. They are excellent guns i know youll be very happy.
Old April 2, 2013, 08:35 PM   #8
Gdawgs

Quote:
I finally got rid of my first revolver, after 35 years of flawless shooting. But I saw this up for auction and HAD to have it. My nephew is now the proud new owner of my old Taurus 66, and HE loves it.
Whoa, that was a major trade up! I don't think you'll be missing your Taurus with that Pistol Pack. I love mine!

Quote:
Finally last week I was able to rearrange my finances enough to buy a new one. Couldn't quite afford another Smith, but I wasn't really eyeing on anyway...

Found this beauty of a Ruger at the LGS, and she followed me home. Tackdriver at 25 feet, and handles beautifully... $699 out the door...just wanted to show her off a bit!
The GP100 is a great gun. Enjoy!
Old April 3, 2013, 03:33 PM   #9
dgludwig

Quote:
Found this beauty of a Ruger at the LGS, and she followed me home. Tackdriver at 25 feet,
Very nice revolver, indeed. But the real question is, how accurate is your new Ruger @ 25 yards?
Old April 3, 2013, 05:41 PM   #10
Texshooter

I keep debating about a 6" wheelie, but just always seem to gravitate to something else.

Man, that looks like fun awaiting.
Old April 3, 2013, 08:29 PM   #11
Super Sneaky Steve

I own many firearms but my 6" GP100 is my favorite. You're going to love that one.
Old April 3, 2013, 09:02 PM   #12
Vireye

Hopefully I'll be able to try it out at 25 yards this weekend (If I can find ammo for the thing...all I have is my carry ammo at the moment)

Something about a 6" wheelgun has just been calling to me since I started shooting. Bit embarrassed it took me this long to finally get one...
Old April 3, 2013, 09:22 PM   #13
Ferretboy

I used to love my XDm .45, then I got a GP100 6 inch.......
Old April 4, 2013, 01:19 AM   #14
Ryu825

Hell yea I just bought a gp100 last week and i couldnt be happier with it
Old April 5, 2013, 12:23 PM   #15
iShoot17

I am currently looking for a 4" 686P and can't find one anywhere! Should have sold yours to me!

I also like the idea of always having a revolver in the collection and thus far I have stayed consistent. I debated getting the 6" as I know one of a local store that has one in stock. I want it to be a field carry gun for groundhogs and woods carry pistol when I am out and about and may see a varmint. I can't justify the 6", especially when I have a 7.5" SBH Hunter in 44Mag!